He wore it on Taehyung and smiled proudly. Taehyung, on the other hand, admired the medal on his neck. Finally a smile formed on his lips as he flaunt the medal to Namjoon, who chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"Don't worry, hyung will help you with your studies." Namjoon stated, which made Taehyung's smile to widen.

"Really, hyung?" He asked for assurance, and received a nod from Namjoon.

*****

10 Years Ago

Now that Taehyung is fifteen years old, studies became a little easier for him because of Namjoon's help. He started to excel, from getting lots of C's to finally getting B's and some A's. He also found his skills in painting during the process. His art teacher praises him for excelling in his subject. Taehyung was even invited to compete, which is happening right now.

Taehyung is currently at the back stage with his art teacher, to prepare for the competition that is about to happen in five minutes. He is very nervous, but he is also excited, especially that their parents promised that they will watch him compete.

"Are you ready, Taehyung?" His art teacher asked and Taehyung nodded enthusiastically with determination.

"Calling all the participants in two minutes! Be ready!" The staff informed, so Taehyung prepared himself and waited for the call.

He is the last participant to call, so while he was in line, he checked the audience to find his family. It took him a minute before he found a banner with 'Go VanTae!' written on it, that was being held by Namjoon and Jungkook. It made him smile so wide to see his brother and his bestfriend. Another banner caught his eye, 'TaeTae for the Win!' was written and it was held by his Seyoung-noona, Namjoon's girlfriend, with her brother, Yoongi. It boosted his confidence so much and his excitement grew as he went on the stage when his name was called. And the competition began.

They are given an hour to paint an abstract painting, that shows their passion for art. And while Taehyung was so immense to painting, Namjoon excused himself from their friends to call his parents. It only took him two rings for them to answer it.

(Yes, my dear son?)

"Eomma, the art contest has already begun. Where are you?" He asked in anticipation.

(Oh, that is today?)

"What? Don't tell me you forgot, eomma, because Taehyung has been preparing for this competition for a month." He said, anger starts to boil. "Where are you?" He asked again.

(I'm with my friends. It’s our spa day, remember? Besides, I don't want to disappoint myself and witness your brother lose. You appa is busy with the investment meetings, so don't bother to call him.)

"Eomma, can't you atleast skip that freaking spa day of yours and be here for your son?" He finally spat out, earning a scoff from his mother.

(Watch your words, my dear—)

"I don't care, eomma. How do you expect me to show respect if you can't even respect your own son?" He blurted and ended the call without letting his mother to speak.

Namjoon can't help but to feel upset for Taehyung as he glance at the stage. He is so focused on painting, and Namjoon can see how happy Taehyung is with what he is doing. It boils his anger whenever they disregard Taehyung, as if he was never their son. And while Namjoon was trying to calm himself, a call made him turn around.

"Baby, is everything okay?" Seyoung asked, her voice soft and gentle, as she ascend to rub Namjoon's back. "I noticed that you were getting upset a while ago while talking to someone, I got worried."