"Who?" Y/n looked at Akane as he was muttering like a crazy person in a mental institution. "Oh, Akane-kun."

Akane Aoi is a classmate of Y/n and Yashiro and an old friend of Aoi Akane, who lives next door. Normally, he is responsible and mature when it comes to his studies and everyone relies on him. Behind all of that, he is, a big simp for Aoi, like goddamn, you liked her for a decade?

He's also the student council vice-president as Kou backed up Y/n's version of Akane's introduction. "And currently the ratio of acceptance and rejection in his confession is zero to 3624."

"How is that even possible?" Hanako wondered.

"Akane-kun is smart and all that crap but he loses his screws in his brain when his childhood friend is there." Because when you have your eyes set on someone all of the things surrounding you turn ignorant and your focal point will focus on that person, then you will do anything for your crushes and end up in a wallowing pain of heartbreak.

So kids, go focus on your studies and watch some memes, life is too short to fall in love.

Hanako jolted to the side as Akane slammed a baseball bat with a 'wham' creating a crack on the wall. "What exactly were you doing back there, L/n-san?"

"Come to think of it, I happen to cop a feel a few minutes ago." Hanako raised his hands in a flat motion. "And she's actually pretty flat."

Akane stared coldly down on Hanako, he then smacked him. "Girl or not, you'll pay for that!" He said.

"Akane Aoi really said gender equality." Y/n held her cheek. Hanako's ghost form launched out from Y/n's body as he landed on the ground. She went back to her respective body. "I'm finally back after being a nobody, eyyyy"

"He legit knocked me out of her, four eyes isn't that bad." Hanako says with a shunned face while holding his cheek.

Kou crouched next to him and stares at him weirdly. "Why in the heck would you say that?" The blond-haired boy asked. Soon after, Y/n and Kou explained to Akane so the red-haired boy won't misunderstand the whole thing.

"Why do you want to know about Ao-chan's secret?" Akane asks. Y/n didn't want to tell him that his childhood friend is a school mystery in disguise, instead she makes up a version of her own.

"Ya see, I have a feeling that Aoi is hiding something from me lately," Y/n tells Akane while scratching her cheek. "I think she wanted to tell me something but I dunno what."

Akane stared ahead, holding the bat above his shoulder. "All right, since this is about Ao-chan, then I'll gladly help you." He said.

Y/n's eye twitched at his answer. 'Didn't he tried to kill my body recently?' She asked herself. Akane is a big simp for Aoi, they know that. But for him to agree to such a thing severed his image as a responsible student.

"Now that you think it, Ao-chan is definitely worried about something." Akane stated. "I tried to get an intel out of her but she said she didn't want me to worry for her."

"And what if it's a crush?" Y/n questioned.

"Then, I'll have to eliminate the offender."  Akane answers with a bright smile on his face. Kou and Y/n got frightened by his look as Hanako hid behind his assistant's back. "Because as her childhood friend, I had to support her, ya know?"