Part Eighteen | The Boy Born With Everything

Start from the beginning

"'That's not it at all.' is interesting wording. It suggests there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about." Shoto responds and Izuku wanted to give himself a Detroit Smash for carelessly letting something like that slip.

"U-Uh..." 'How could I be so stupid to spit out something like that!?'

"...My father is the hero, Endeavor. You must've heard of him. Which means you're aware that he's the number two hero. So if you're connected to the number one hero, All Might, in some way...that would mean...that I have even more reason to beat you..."

_______

"Yo! Long time no see! Let's catch up, Endeavor." All Might offers, catching up to the man in question who'd just began descending the stairs.

"All Might..." Enji growls, turning to fix the blond with a sour stare.

"I haven't talked to you since that press conference ten years ago. Been a while. I saw you and figured I'd say hi." Toshinori starts and Endeavor gives him a displeased once over.

"Did you now? Well then, if that's all you wanted to do, we're done." he responds with a roll of the eyes before turning around and descending the stairs.

"Huh?"

"Chatting like we're old friends. What a joke!" Enji scoffs, not giving the man a second look as he continues on his way.

All Might chuckles before flipping overhead and landing in front of Endeavor. "Come on, why the cold shoulder? You should be thrilled. After all, your son's doing very well out there just using half his power. You must be a great teacher." Yagi adds, hoping to strike up a proper conversation with the number two hero.

Endeavor scowled, his expression morphing to something threatening while All Might remained none the wiser.

"Are you implying something?" Enji demands, curling his hands into fists as he levels Toshinori with a searing glower.

"Hmm? No, not in the least. I actually want to know your secrets. How do we train the next generation of heroes?" Yagi asks truthfully, his smile dropping ever the slightest as he takes in the other hero's soured expression.

"Do you really think I'd tell you anything I've taught the boy? You're all flash and no brains as usual. Outta my way." Endeavor snarls as he storms past All Might, sneer seemingly permanently on his lips.

"Okay..." All Might does as asked? demanded? of him and shifted to let the other pass, an expression of sheer confusion replacing his usual smile.

Enji halts after a moment, flames towering high as he spares Yagi a look over his shoulder.

"Let me assure you of one thing, All Might. Whatever it takes...that kid of mine will beat you, someday. I'll make sure of it. That's why I made him."

"You did what?" Yagi questions with a perturbed frown.

"He's in a rebellious phase right now. But he will take your place. I'll make sure of it." Endeavor seethes, giving All Might one final glower before stalking off.

_______

"My old man is ambitious. He aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero. But he was never able to beat All Might, so the Symbol of Peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it, though, trying to take down All Might. One way or another..." Todoroki continues, his stare piercing deeper into Izuku than he would've liked.