Chapter 1

People say that i'm being an ungrateful bitch and that i should rather be honoured for being chosen as the new alpha mate, the luna of the pack,the motherly figure however all i feel towards my alpha is resentfulness. He is not my mate and he has experienced the love of a mate, too bad luna Mari died as a result of a rogue attack under my father's protection. Marrying alpha Brown is a type of insurance for my parents' lives. I have no choice in that matter and i feel helpless. As the beta's daughter it is not my choice to make the decision for my future because i haven't found my mate yet . Even if i find him the chances of me mating with him are extinct.

All i need is fresh air, time for me to process everything thats about to happen. Tomorrow is the mating ritual, im not ready for that to happen and im scared shitless of how he will react once he finds out that im inexperienced. The need to prepare myself for tomorrow is overwhelming and i can't help but wonder how things would have been if i had found my mate sooner.

Walking towards the door to get some air, i take off my clothes till im stark naked and shift into my wolf. She is the same colour as my hair which is black with a few brown highlights on her fur. Her name is Star and she is my best friend. Well thats kinda weird to say since we are more or less the same person. She is the diva and i am the more down earthed one. All that i wanna do right now is go for a run and forget the importance of the day to come. Not even realising that i have passed the pack territory due to the fact that im lost in thought, i stop my run and sniff the air. Thats when i realise that i am in no man's land. This put my wolf on high alert because we know that we have reached trouble. I can sense the rouges in this land however, they dont seem to be close by. Spotting a pond nearby i go for a drink and then that when i smell it...

The most intoxicating smell ever,smells like pineapple and chocolate. It catches my attention so much that my focus is on how much this smell is tempting me to move towards it, its addictive. My wolf is pacing back and forth and it confuses me but this smell is like heaven on earth. Making my way towards the smell, i can smell it getting stronger and stronger and it excites my wolf.

"Star! Why the fuck are so reckless?" Well i dont have to be nice because its practically the same as cursing myself
"I can sense him." she says. Okay is that supposed to reassure me or what. Im more lost than ever

"Him? Who?" i ask
"I swear you are dumber than me. Our mate dumbass, i can sense him" she snickers

At this revelation i feel myself stiffen. I dont wanna meet him. What the fuck am i going to do now that i know that my mate is close by. I have to turn around.
"Dont even think about it Clare. He is our mate!" She growls at me

"Thats the reason why i have to go back Star. If alpha Brown founds out about our mate he will kill him." I say
"But he is our mate and can take care of us Clare. He can protect us."she reason but im not one to listen to my wolf at this point.

"We have to protect him Star."i say, and with that Star doesbt say anything as she wants her mate to be safe. As i sniff the air i realise that the scent of my mate is stronger than it was before. Turning around i come face to face with my mate's wolf and i cant help but admire him, his grey coat and blue eyes are captivating as well as his size. My wolf is smaller than his but i cant sense alpha power in him so he must be a beta of another pack. Hopefully he is from another pack. His wolf turns arounds and goes to the trees to turn back i do the same but i can feek eyes on me and its not my mate's. Turning back into my human form and putting back my clothes so that i can finally meet my mate. My jaw drops when i see his human form....he is so beatiful actual nah he is super hot but i can help but notice that there is something off about him.

"Hello mate." he greets. It feels like the world has stopped moving because all im hearing right now in the melodic sound if my mate's voice.

"Hi." i answe shyly. What the hell, im never shy. I've met him for only a sec and already i feel shy.

"Whats your name beautiful?" The blood rushes to my cheeks and i hear him chuckle as i blush.

" Clare LeRoux and you?"

" Luke Ryans, nice to meet you." he says. Still i feel this bad vibe coming from him but he is still my mate. He move closer to me and hovers over my frame as he is a foot taller than i am. Looking down because i cant help but feel intimidated by his character. He caresses my cheek and tips up my chin so that im looking at him. His breath fanning by my neck and a gasp escapes my mouth and he soflty chuckles. I feel his lips touch mine and he kisses me. He tries to deepen the kiss but i dont allow him to which makes him growl and he crushes my body to his making me gasp and giving him the opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth. Pulling him closer if that is even possible, i tug the hair at the back of his hair which make him kiss me even rougher and i cant help but like it that way. He pulls off my shirt and im left bare. His eyes darken with last when he looks at my boobs. The way he is looking at me makes me wet and i can smell our arousal as it feel my nostrils. His hands start exploring my body and i bite my lip to keep from moaning. Feeling him everywhere i wabt him to be yet its not enough. His hand move downwards until i feel it move inside the band of my pants. His fingers start making a circular motion thats makes me moan. He starts rubbing my clit and making me wabt even more, as if reading my mind he pinches my bud and i cant help but gasp at the action. Just when i am about to reach my release i feel his hand snatched out and i groan in frustration. Opening my eyes as there were closed i feel my form stiffen i  fear. Standing in front of me is alpha Mcmahone from the Silvermoon Pack pinning my mate ready to end him.

"Please dont kill him!" i shout. This does not go well with him as his wolf sees it as a sign of disrespect.

"He is a rouge and in my territory." he say through gritted teeth. HE IS A ROUGE! How the hell did i not notice that. Thats why his scent is different. And what does he mean by his territory, this is no man's la... i look around see that indeed we have passed to his territory but why did it have to be his.

"I'm sorry but cab you let him go, he is my mate." I whimper. This doesnt faze him at all. As i'm about to say someyhing else he cuts me off.

"I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO THE MOTHERFUCKER IS TO YOU BUT YOU ARE COMING WITH ME CLARE!" he yells

"Please...." i beg. He smirks at me as the words that i dont wanna hear come from his mouth.

"Say goodbye to your lil mate Clare." He smirks.

Trying as hard as i can to process his words im snapped back into focuse when i see him snap my mate's neck and his body goes limp.
"NOOOOOOO!" Star screams in my mind as i feel tears rolling down my cheek and my body is frozen in this spot. My mate is gone. Fuck my luck, fuck my life. I'm broken. Star whimpers as she hides in  the corner leaving me alone. What am i going to do now?

******************
Short chapter i know but the next ones are going to be longer. Hope you enjoyed it. Will update tomorrow