4: The Ghastliness Delusion

Start from the beginning

'So what do you say?' I pressed, attention going back to Lewis and our phone call.

'Seriously?'

'Haven't we just had this conversation?' I said with a light-hearted sigh, leaning back on the red-brick wall of the White Hart.

I heard him let out a long, slow exhale on the other end of the line. 'I'm flattered,' Lewis said finally, his voice still light and thoughtful. 'Just to clarify - you've called me up because all you want is just...some no strings attached sex? You want me to be your fuck buddy?'

'In so many words, yes. You're already one of my best buddies, Lew,' I said. 'Why not upgrade to the next level? I just want a regular, casual sex thing with you.'

Lewis snorted. 'And would you, say, ever proposition Freya with something like this? An upgrade? A regular, casual sex thing?'

'I would if I swung that way,' I responded without missing a beat.

'Oh jeez,' Lewis said, laughter bubbling out of him again like he couldn't help it. 'But yeah, fine, go on then. My place or yours?'

I bit down on the surprised grin that lit up my face. 'Meet you at yours in half an hour?'

'Yeah yeah,' he said. 'I'm not going to need a safe word or anything, am I?'

*

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I took the Jubilee line to Lewis' flat, foot tapping in anticipation and probably irritating everyone on the tube. I didn't even care that I was squashed tightly between a severe looking woman who must have been in her mid-forties, and a clammy man in a blue tracksuit whose hot and heavy (in a bloody bad way) breath made me only slightly suicidal, the ongoing rush hour making everyone antsy and eager to get home.

I was still grateful when I got out of the humid, muggy air of the tube station though, swinging my bag as I walked to Lewis and Benji's flat which wasn't too much of a walk away.

Knocking on their red front door, I felt excitement glide up my spine, mingling with the giddiness of anticipation which had built up on the way here.

'Ciao curly fry,' I greeted Benji, who answered the door in his jacket, obviously ready to go out somewhere. I reached up and ruffled his beautiful blond locks of hair affectionately.

'Laina!' Benji exclaimed as he tugged me inside by the hand, pulling me into a bear hug.

Benji had always been incredibly sweet, soft-spoken and gentlemanly, while Lewis was the sassy one in their duo, although they were both equally as wonderful in their own ways.

'I think Lewis is just getting out of the shower - he'll be out in just one sec,' Benji informed me. 'Cassie's come down with something so I'm heading over to see her, but I might see you when I get back? Drinks are in the fridge if you want anything!'

'Sure thing,' I said, giving him a quick peck on his flustered cheek, clearly in a rush to get to his girlfriend. 'Have fun, and give Cass my love and get wells!'

Benji grinned and said he would, before he was out the door and I was briefly left to my own company.

I shrugged off my blazer and slung it over the back of Lewis and Benji's maroon sofa, easily at home in any of my friends' houses, before I padded over to the kitchen to get myself a drink.

Opening the refrigerator door, I hadn't realised just how hot I had been feeling until the cold air blew over my face in a wave, making goosebumps erupt on my skin.

'Oi oi, thief raiding through my fridge,' said a teasing voice from behind me, arms winding round my waist from the back and tugging me towards the source of the voice.