(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) scabbers

Start from the beginning

She didn't get to finish her sentence as in the next moment the two of them came walking round the corner. They stopped and stared at the scene in confusion, paused comically.

Hermione jumped up in surprise and before Athena could say anything, she turned and hurried away.

"What's wrong with her?" Ron asked stupidly,

"What do you think?" Athena frowned. Ron looked taken aback and looked to Harry for help however Harry didn't say anything at all.

"She's upset because you're blaming her for your rat dying"

"I didn't blame her" Ron sighed in exasperation, "I blamed her monstrous cat! The thing is an abomination"

"That's not Hermione's fault, that's what cats do Ron... she's obviously upset about it for a reason"

"She just didn't seem very sympathetic about my rat dying" Ron shrugged.

"Are you sure he's dead?" Athena murmured, trying not to sound hopeful.

"Yes!" Ron exclaimed,

Athena knew that Ron can't have seen him dead. Upon death, animagi would transform back into their human forms and Ron would definitely not be acting so calm if his pet had turned into a man in front of his eyes.

"What happened?" Athena asked,

"My sheets were covered in blood and cat hair" Ron replied, folding his arm sternly.

Athena frowned again. Would Peter be stupid enough to fake his death twice? She wouldn't put it past him. It was obvious that it was his response to his problems.

"Well I'm sorry about your rat Ron" Athena sighed as she gathered herself to her feet, "but if you could try not to hurt Hermione's feelings, that would be grand. She has a lot going on at the moment"

"We all have a lot going on" Harry pointed out,

"Yeah what's she got going on?" Ron asked.

"She takes a lot more lessons than either of you" Athena pointed at them, "she also has a tendency to over work herself"

"That's not our fault" said Ron stubbornly.

"I didn't say that it was" Athena replied, "I'm just saying she could do without all this anger from you on top of everything else, especially during exam season"

"We'll apologise to her" Harry jumped in before Ron could say anything else, "sorry Rena"

"You don't have to apologise to me" said Athena, "just make sure you apologise to Hermione, she mentioned that she's still trying to get Buckbeak off trial, how's that going?"

"We've just been to see Hagrid" Harry began, "he was annoyed about... well Hermione being upset too, said she's been trying to help him all she can and we um... haven't"

"Hmm" Athena murmured, "I see Hagrid must have noticed too"

"Yeah" Ron shrugged, "we were going to apologise to her anyway... we didn't realise how stressed out she was about everything"

"I presume you don't know much about Buckbeak's trial then?"

"Hagrid says it's hopeless" replied Harry, "because Lucius Malfoy is determined to see Buckbeak... executed"

"The follow up trial is in a few weeks" Ron continued, "so if we gather enough evidence that suggests that Buckbeak deserves to be let off, it should be alright"

"Well best of luck to you" Athena smiled, "I'll help you out if I find any spare time"

"Thanks Rena" Harry grinned,