Chapter 1: The Beginning of Serendipity

1993

 Alexandra Buena- the eldest of the three children of the famous engineer who owns the prestigious BN Design Associate, Joselito Buena. She is an Atenista who js taking up Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Information Design. The almost perfect daughter of her father—beautiful, intelligent, and obedient. 

 Arthur Valencia- Like Alexandra, he is also the eldest son amongst his siblings. He is a Tomasino who's taking up Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. He is a man every woman desires— smart, gentleman, and inhumanly gorgeous-looking. 

 Jeremy Morales- they came from a wealthy family who owns the Morales estate. He is the cousin of Arthur and Alexandra's suitor. He is also an Atenista who's majoring in Business Management. 

 Joan Castro- he is Arthur's best friend and classmate who has a big crush on him.

 It was Sept. 25, 1993– just a normal school day for every student like Alexandra and Arthur.

 Xandra is walking on the large hallways of the campus when she saw Jeremy who is holding a bouquet of flowers for her.

 "Hi, Xandra." He started and smiled. "Hello." She answered and forced a smile. Let's admit it, Alexandra is not that into him.

 "Are you free this weekend?" He stuttered. "I want to invite you sana for my dad's birthday?"

 "I can't, Jeremy." She said and was about to walk away when he held her hand. 

 "Please?" He begged and looked straight in her eyes. 

 She get her hand from his and answered, "okay." 

 "Ayun! Thank you, Xandra!" He exclaimed.

 "Sige, I have to go." Jeremy is courting her for two months already however having a boyfriend isn't her priority.

 Joan and Arthur, on the other hand, are very close. In fact, Joan can freely go to Arthur's house so that they can go to school together. 

Until Sept. 28 1993 came. It was Jeremy's father's birthday celebration. Like what Alexandra promised, she'll be there so Jeremy picked her up and they went to the venue. 

Arthur came a little bit late and he went directly to Jeremy's table. It was his first time to meet Alexandra and he must admit, she really caught her attention. If it wasn't for his cousin, then maybe he would hit on her just like what he does when he likes a girl. 

 "Bro, this is Xandra. The one I am telling you about." Jeremy said. 

 Alexandra looked at him and smiled sweetly, "Hi, Arthur." 

 "Nice to finally meet you. The girl who makes Jeremy's world turn around." He teased and offered his hand.

 Alexandra is usually hesitated especially when it comes to guys but she doesn't know why she felt comfortable with him and accepted his hand, "nice to meet you!".

"Jeremy is right, you're beautiful, Alexandra." Arthur blurted while looking at her straight in the eyes.

 Alexandra felt something strange in her tummy. It feels as if his words are tickling her so she looked away. 

 "Ganito ba talaga ang event ninyo?" She asked while looking around. 

 Arthur frowned, "paanong ganito? What do you mean, Ms. Buena?"

 "Sorry ha, no offense meant. You guys are so rich yet your family event looks as if it is not an event at all. Parang gathering lang, wala man lang kwentuhan." 

 Arthur just looked at her, she has a point after all and he likes that she is very straightforward and it is as if she doesn't care about what she says. She will say whatever it is on her mind—exactly the woman he always desires. Arthur finds straightforward women as intelligent and sexy. 

 "Arthur, uy!" She said and wiggled her hand on his face as if getting his attention. "I'm sorry. Did I offend you with my words?" 

 "No, not at all. You have a point, actually." He really wanted to ask her out but there is something that stops him—maybe the fact that she is the woman his cousin is courting. 

 "Uy! Alam niyo magkakasundo kayo ni Alexandra. Mahilig din mag-aral yan. Kaya nga hindi pa ako sinasagot eh." Jeremy interrupted. He sat next to Alexandra and put his arm around her chair. "Di ba, cupcake?" He teased and bit his lips. 

 Arthur looked down when he saw his cousin put his arm around her chair. He is affected and he doesn't know why. "Eh bakit ba di mo pa sagutin yang pinsan ko, Alex? Good boy yan!" 

 "If he really likes me, he will wait." She answered and hit Jeremy's head. "At anong cupcake? Ang corny mo!" She said while laughing. 

 Jeremy and Alexandra are having fun talking while Arthur is just looking at them but not until Jeremy was called by his father. 

 "Bro, ikaw na muna bahala kay Alexandra ha? Keep her company." He said and tapped Arthur's shoulder. 

 Arthur looked at Alexandra then at Jeremy, "sure, bro!"

 They had fun with one another. They talked about lots of stuff specifically school stuff. Alexandra felt comfortable right away and did I mention that what she likes in a man is someone who is smarter than her because she likes intelligent conversation and somehow she is amused with his words and how he presents himself when he is talking. 

 'He's handsome and very intelligent.' That's what she thought when she is looking at him while he is saying something about certain stuff.