Isaac frowned in a determined way. Rosalyn had only ever seen this kind of emotion on her brother once before, when he had decided he wasn't going to fail a math test in high school. He not only passed it...he aced it. She was just confused why he was displaying this emotion now. "Rose...I'll give you back your wine, if you...if you promise not to open that door."

Rosalyn laughed. "Okay. Come on, guys." She gestured to Anna and Larry, who were having trouble with the lock. Eventually, they gave up and returned to the table in the center of the room. "It's not like it's the end of the world, Isaac. That Oberson nutjob made that very clear. Now give us back the wine!"

"Actually..." Isaac started, staring down into the bottle at the alcohol inside. He looked outside and a look of horror spanned across his face. "I think it is..."

Anna frowned, trying to process what he had said. "That's just nonsense, man. Don't let that guy fool you into thinking it's the end of the world. It's just...it's just..." She trailed off and took her last sip of wine from her glass.

"Stop!" Isaac shouted at her. "Not...not...not one more drink! You guys are all...sitting here in this apartment until you're sober... I don't know why you don't believe me... but you're safer in her than... out there..."

"Can't I just have one more?" Larry asked extending his glass to Isaac, waiting for it to be filled.

Isaac looked angry. Rosalyn had never seen her brother angry before. She thought this was all just a big misunderstanding. Maybe they could sit and talk about it over a drink... That thought was interrupted when Isaac grabbed hold of Larry's glass, ran over to the window and chucked it from the second story as far as he could. Larry jumped up in anger. "You fucking loser! I was going to drink out of that!"

"You aren't...going to drink out of anything... All of you are going to sit there in those chairs... until you're sober. And none of you...none of you are going to argue with me." Isaac made a tossing motion towards the window with the wine in hand. "Any of you try to open the door...the wine gets thrown out... It gets thrown out. You...got that?"

"Isaac... Give us back the wine..." Rosalyn complained.

This time, Isaac didn't respond to his sister's statement. He sat down beside them on the kitchen table and gestured down to the chess set, still partially set up from the last game. "Anyone...want to play again?"

Rosalyn crossed her arms and stared back into the eyes of her twin, menacingly. Why was he being so mean to them. He was holding them prisoner in her own house. He wouldn't let Mrs. Ottwell in no matter how many times she knocked, and he was keeping the wine all to himself. Isaac had never been this selfish... Rosalyn didn't understand.

[A. Grab for the wine.]

[B. Go for the door.]

[C. Set up the chess board.]

75% of readers chose to [C. Set up the chess board.]

-------------------------

Rosalyn began shakily placing the black pieces on the chessboard back in their respective spots. As she did so, she curiously watched the wine in Isaac's hand. She wanted more, but he wouldn't give her any, and she didn't know why. "All right, let's play your game." She spoke to him as he set the wine down on the ground below him.

"Okay..." He smiled. "See? Not drinking...isn't so bad. I've done it...my whole life."

"Getting drunk is fun." Larry argued from across the table, leaning in to watch the chess game play out.

Isaac frowned back at him. "Getting drunk...will get you killed. We're safe...in here... And until you're...until you're sober and can see that, you're...you're staying here."

The Walking Dead: Part 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें