Jimin paused before going with Tae and said something to the men. Jungkook watched in stunned silence as the men's face paled.

What did he say?

When Jimin left with Taehyung a hush had fallen over the crowd. Even the music stopped and whispers rose among the crowd. One name was repeated like a mantra.

Park Jimin.

"I see why he's special," Kang broke the silence bringing him out of his reverie. "He's definitely a catch." He barked out laughter with his belly jiggling. He took a long drag of his cigar.

Jungkook was speechless. Beside him, Namjoon and Yoongi were stiff as sticks, their faces tight with tension. He swallowed. This wasn't supposed to go down like this. Jimin shouldn't have been exposed to his world like this. Now that he was here, whether he liked it or not, Jimin had no choice.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Out of all the things that could have gone wrong, Jimin dropping in the middle of the most confidential crime syndicate meetings with both his western and southern allies present was the least he expected. The entire floor was crawling with underbosses and every piece of scum one could find on the streets. And Jimin, his precious Jimin was in the middle of all, shining like a pure diamond in the rubble.

This wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Fuck.

"I wasn't expecting to meet him this soon. But now that he's here, I'd like to say hello," Kang continued.

"I agree. You should have given us a heads up," Chang, the leader of the Southern gang said, pulling out a cigar from his pocket. "We have no gift to greet him properly."

Jungkook jumped to his feet when he noticed Taehyung approaching them with a grim expression. "I'll be right back." He knocked back the whiskey and left without waiting for their response.

He caught Taehyung who smiled tightly. "I don't know why he's here," he whispered under his breath. "He was supposed to be home. I left him in your office."

"I'll handle it," Jungkook muttered, walking past him toward the office room.

Jungkook's heart was racing. His mind conjured at least a hundred different ways this could go wrong. Jimin was in his base. The other mob bosses had already seen him. He wasn't sure how much Jimin had seen tonight. It didn't matter anymore because his presence here alone sealed his fate.

He swallowed the heavy lump in his throat. This was the very thing he feared. His worst nightmare. With a deep breath, he pushed the door open, greeted with a breathtaking view that was Jimin.

His boyfriend stood facing the floor-to-ceiling window that overlooked the busy streets of Seoul. Outside, the world was vibrant with night lights and never-sleeping city life. Jimin looked like a painting, both palms pressed on the glass as he stared into the outside world with wonder in his eyes.

What are you doing here? The question was at the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't get his words out. Mostly because he didn't trust himself at the moment. He didn't want to show his anger or helplessness to Jimin. He needed to know why he was here. And how he reached the top floor.

He cleared his throat and forced a smile, hoping his expression gave nothing away. The cold press of the metal against his hip was a constant reminder of the place and the kind of situation he was in.

"Baby..."

Jimin whirled around, his face breaking into a relieved grin as he rushed toward him, arms opening wide even before he reached him. Jungkook reacted on autopilot mode engulfing him in a tight hug, burying his nose into the crook of his neck. For a moment, he forgot his real purpose. The questions at the tip of his tongue were forgotten. Yoongi and Namjoon were right. He was a whipped man.