Sunny blinked with surprise. "Reunion party?"

"You always pick the most convenient times to come back." Kel grinned. "Aubrey's going to be there, and my brother's coming back from college. It'll be like our reunion all over again!"

If they're there...it doesn't sound like a party Basil and I would be invited to.

"Erhh...do you think they'd really want us to come?" Sunny asked.

Kel's smile turned a little tipsy, yet he remained optimistic. "Sure they would. Hero's had a while to mull over things, and I'm sure Aubrey wants to see you again. Even if they haven't totally forgiven you yet, maybe the party could help you guys get along. Not to mention, we're planning on playing one of our favorite pastime games at the party. Poker!"

"That sounds fun, but...I hope us coming along wouldn't ruin the mood."

"I'll ask my brother if he's okay with you two coming, but I'm sure I can convince him. The party's Saturday at three, at my house, by the way."

"Thanks."

Sunny looked at Basil. "You wanna go to the party?"

Basil didn't look like he had an answer. He simply said, "...if you want to, Sunny."

In all honesty, I want to apologize to everyone, again.

I want to show them that I've changed from the person that I was before.

And...I want all of them to forgive Basil. If there's a chance, even a small one, that we could mend our relationships, I think it would be worth it.

Sunny turned back at Kel. "We'll go if it's okay with the others."

"Consider the two of you invited!" Kel said. "I'll tell the others. I'll give you a call the day before, too, just to make sure. That sound good?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Kel," Sunny said.

"Wait, which number do I call to reach you now?"

Sunny opened his mouth, but the words failed to leave his throat when he considered that Basil might not be comfortable with him revealing that he was staying at his house.

Fortunately, Basil shattered that worry by answering for him, to Sunny's surprise. "J—Just call my number, Kel. I'll answer the phone."

"Okay, that's great. I'll see you two at the party!"

Before leaving, Kel glanced at the patch of pink daisies growing nearby, then at the flower Sunny currently wore in his hair.

"...You two good friends again?" he asked teasingly.

Sunny smiled amidst a growing blush. "We're always best friends."

Just what would Aubrey and Hero think of our relationship?

"As if it wasn't enough for you two to have been partners in crime...now you two are in a gay relationship?!"

The thought gave Sunny a brand new anxiety.

"That's awesome. See ya later!" Kel said, waving goodbye as he walked back into the trees.

Sunny turned towards Basil once the two of them were alone again. "You feeling okay?"

"Uhhh...do you think Kel saw us...kissing?"

"I don't think he saw. The trees would've blocked his vision when he was coming this way, right?"

"I hope so..."

Sunny tried a smile. "I doubt Kel cares what we do together. He's not mad at us anymore, and if he thinks Aubrey and Hero wouldn't mind too much us coming to the party, maybe they're willing to give us another chance?"