chapter seven

Beginne am Anfang

"jesus, el." will breathes out.

"jesus can't help him." she scoffs, grabbing his not yet touched drink and walks off.

"shows over!" mike shouts as everyone minds their own business again.

"you're lucky she didn't fly you across the room." will mumbles.

"i would love to see her try." mike says as will stands up, "i'm going to find her." he says before walking off.

once he walked out of the cafeteria, he finds el sitting on the ground by a locker sketching as he walks over to go join her.

"hey." he smiles as he leans over her shoulder to see her drawing, "now what is that?"

"void. i can't remember what i saw but i saw something, i'm trying to draw it out since i can't find it in the void again." she sighs quietly.

"sorry about mike. he's an ass." he leans on her shoulder.

"i'm used to it, i just didn't except one of your friends to hate me that much to insult the orphanage i ran to." she mutters.

"he's going through stuff and-"

"don't bother making excuses. i really don't care as long as he doesn't go too far. to be honest, i never knew i had it in me to be so angry." she giggles quietly.

"well i did. i knew you'd blow eventually and you're not all soft." he says.

she rolls her eyes, "i'm not soft."

"yes you are. you're so scared at home all the time for no reason, you practically walk on egg shells around us."

"i'm just scared that i'll do something wrong and you'd kick me out or something. i don't want to overstep or do something that makes you or joyce uncomfortable and i definitely don't want to make it look like i'm taking advantage of you guys after hop died." she explains to him.

"el, we would never kick you out and you're not taking advantage. we are your family legally." he says.

"so? i ruined you guy's happily ever after, i wouldn't blame joyce if she kicked me out." she whispers.

"she would never. you're always like you'll doing something wrong but you won't. i promise you." he holds his pinky out as she hooks it, "thank you."

"how do you like my drawing?" she asks, flipping the pages to her old drawing.

"it's nice." he compliments.

"just nice?"

"no, it's perfect. you're really talented." he smiles as she smiles back, "thank you!"

"wanna go back to the cafeteria? i assure you, mike won't say anything again." he says as she nods, "the floor is hurting my butt anyways."

"alright, let's go then." he helps her up as she continues to sketch.

she leans against him for support as she keeps her head down at her sketchbook and they both head back into the cafeteria.