1 | ONE NIGHT STAND..GONE WRONG?

Start from the beginning

the boats in the harbour sit calmly, tied to the docks, with only the occasional creak of ropes breaking the stillness of the night. the silence is interrupted by the sound of seagulls cawing overhead, searching for their next meal in the dark waters below.

despite the chill, there is a sense of peace and tranquility in the night-time harbour. it's a magical moment, where the chaos of the day fades away and the beauty of the harbour takes center stage.

most of the time passed with the mysterious man telling me about the history of the lanterns as well as lantern rite. i hummed, listening to his voice was oddly calming. soon enough, we reached the gate of my home.

"i believe we shall part ways here. i pray you get enough rest tonight. it may be a busy day tomorrow."

"how come?"

he didn't answer my question, only opening the gate and gesturing for me to enter.

"goodnight. take care."

"ah, wait!" he turned around and i nearly got sucked into his eyes once again. he blinked, waiting for me to continue. why did i even stop him?

"i haven't said thank you."

i walked closer to him. my mind was in a frenzied state, and till today, i didn't understand the reasons for my actions. maybe it was the way he spoke so calmly, maybe it was the way strands of his fringe blew in the wind, maybe it was the way his eyes glowed mesmerizingly, maybe it was the way–

before i knew it, i grabbed onto his cape to lower him. surprised, he opened his mouth to speak but soon, it was enveloped by mine.

after a while, he pulled away. "this is an interesting way to convey your thanks."

"do you hate it?"

"well, i wouldn't say that."

as we entered through the door, his lips never left mine. his hands pulled the ribbon at the front of my dress, exposing my neck and chest. "that painting."

"hm?" i turned to what he was looking at. "oh, that's an old one. been here ever since i moved in." i reached for his hood, pulling it off his head to expose his full face. he opened his mouth but was interrupted by my finger. "are you going to give me another history lesson or are you going to fuck me?"

he smiled against my finger, pressing his forehead onto mine with his body on top of mine. he placed a hand on my waist and moved mine away from his lips. "a dirty mouth you have there, my dear."

then, he smashed his lips to mine. one thing led to another and the next thing i knew, his warm touch grazed around every part of my body. he took his time, leaving small kisses and hums around every inch. it was almost like he was worshipping my body. that night and all that happened during that was blurry, but i remember one thing. his embrace.

his embrace gave me a comforting warmth. something i really needed on that particular day.

the next day, he disappeared. in addition, rex lapis was found dead, and liyue fell into an uproar. monsters were jumping out of every corner possible so i had little time to think about the man i shared the night with.

– end of flashback.

letian groaned, rolling her eyes. "come onnn. we won't be able to do this for a long time. pretty please? get some fun in your life, i see someone staring at you deliciously across the room."

i turned to where her eyes pointed to see a young man sitting across the room, twirling the wine in his glass elegantly. we made eye contact, and to my surprise, he gave a small wink followed by a tip of his glass. i rolled my eyes and shook my head.