Season 4: episode 1 ''A new beginning'' (Part 1)

Clace and Sizzy

Jace practically runs inside the Institute, accidentally running into Underhill, who drops a stack of files. He apologises, but doesn't help him pick it back up. He would've tried hiding his excitement, but he couldn't erase the smile he had plastered onto his face.

Simon and Izzy are discussing the latest developments within his tasks as the Downworlder Deputy. He doesn't even knock on the door as he barges in. It makes Simon jump up from his seat. ''By the Angel, Jace, you scared the crap out of me'', Izzy says as she looks up. He doesn't even apologise, his smile so bright, it makes Izzy and Simon exchange looks. ''What got you so excited? Did you win the lottery?'' Simon asks with the intention of making a joke. Jace completely ignores it as he sits down next to Simon, across from Izzy.

It's only then that Simon realises where he's been. ''You went to see Clary, didn't you? Jace, I told you...'' Jace stops him midsentence by holding a finger in front of his mouth. He looked like a child in a candy store as his two-coloured eyes light up like they never have before. ''She recognised me, she actually recognised me! She knew my name; she knew who I was!'' Izzy stares at him in disbelief, her jaw almost drops.

''Jace, did you hurt your head?'' Simon asks. ''Wait, are you drunk?'' Jace rolls his eyes at him as he shakes his head. ''I swear, Simon. She didn't hesitate to say my name. It's like... like I'm falling in love all over again.'' Izzy stands up from her chair and walks over to Jace to wrap him in a hug. She too, seemed genuinely happy about this. It was the first step to getting her back into the Institute, to finally become her Parabatai, like they had promised to become right before she was stripped of her runes. Not a day had gone by that Izzy hadn't missed having Clary around in the Institute.

Simon still can't really believe it, it sounded too good to be true. What if she forgot all about Jace the next day? What if the Angels only did it to play with their feelings? No, the Angels were higher beings who'd never do such a thing. Izzy lets him go. ''You need to handle this carefully, Jace. It means a great deal to me knowing that we have a chance of getting the old Clary back, but we can't rush into this.'' Jace nods, knowing Izzy was right, knowing this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. There was no Jonathan, no Valentine, no threat other than the good old demons.

''I'll be careful. I lost her twice now, I don't want to lose her again. I vow to that'', he says with a sincere, yet soft and drapey voice. He could barely contain his emotions. Ever since Clary came into his life, he had gotten rid of the whole 'emotions cloud judgement' ordeal. She changed him for the better, she made him human, she made him capable of loving someone else other than himself and his siblings. And there was nothing more binding than love.

''But keep in mind that she might never become her full old self. She might not remember everything'', Izzy warns him, her eyes shifting to Simon specifically. He knew what she meant, hinting at his earlier warning the day before during training. He had warned Jace that doing anything trying to change the current situation, might make it worse. But instead of repeating himself, he doesn't reply to it. ''I'll find solace in knowing I have a chance of making her fall in love with me again. And I'm gonna do it right this time.'' He was serious, yet he couldn't hide the slight hint of pure ecstasy. He leaves through the door.

Simon sighs as he looks at Izzy who sits back down. ''Are you sure we shouldn't stop him?'' he asks her. She shakes her head. ''The Angels heard Jace's prayers, and there's no wrong-doing in picking it up from here.'' Simon nods slowly, though he couldn't shake the odd feeling off.

Malec

Alec and Magnus lie in bed, cuddling like there's no tomorrow. Magnus stares at Alec sleeping, smiling brightly at his husband. They had been married for a year now, and today was their anniversary. He was very excited to get to everything he had planned for them. Of course, Alec had a plan of his own, which Magnus knew nothing about.

As Alec's eyes flutter open, he smiles upon seeing Magnus' eyes stare at his. He chuckles lovingly. ''Good morning my love'', Magnus says as he doesn't blink once, taking in Alec's beauty. Alec playfully smacks his bare chest. ''What?'' Magnus asks as he laughs. ''It's way too early to already sweep me off my feet'', Alec says as he touches the bridge of Magnus' nose. Magnus groans softly as he rolls his eyes.

He gets out of bed as Alec sits up, leaning on his elbows so he gets a good look at Magnus. ''Please, come back to bed?'' he asks, using puppy eyes. Magnus turns around and stares at him, a small smirk appears on his face. He snaps his fingers and makes a fully decorated table appear in the living room. Alec stares at it, immediately erasing his plans for breakfast. He looks at Magnus with a content smile. ''I see you went to get our favourite waffles.''

He remembered all too well when they first ate them. It was the only thing Alec could actually cook without ruining the flavour, and it became their signature dish for romantic breakfasts. Clearly Magnus took that literally, by serving it on their wedding anniversary.

Magnus snaps his fingers again, dressing himself in the suit he wore when they got married. Alec's eyes light up, a single tear rolls down his cheek. He quickly wipes it away, but of course Magnus has already seen it. ''There's something in my eye...'' Alec answers quickly, to which Magnus nods with a 'yeah, right', smile. Alec gets out of bed and looks down at himself, only wearing his underwear. ''I uh... kinda missed the invitation for the dress up'', he says. Magnus walks over to him and smirks. ''Well, we can't have that. Let's see what we can do about that...'' He snaps his fingers, making Alec wear a kilt. Alec looks down at it, baffled, and gives Magnus the 'seriously?' look. Magnus laughs as he walks around Alec. ''I gotta say, you really pull this off. And by that, I mean that I might actually pull it right off you.'' Alec crosses his arms. ''Magnus.'' He clears his throat. ''Right, a husband can dream, right?'' He snaps his fingers again, dressing Alec in his suit this time.

Magnus runs his hand over the fabric, smiling to himself as he stands in front of Alec, who leans forward, his forehead leaning against Magnus'. His hand touches the warlock sigil adorn to Magnus' sleeve, smiling to himself. Ever since they got married, his worries of leaving Magnus behind after his death became more and more liveable. Yes, he was still petrified about the never-ending pain it'd cause Magnus, but he also knew that he made peace with it, and so did Alec.

Magnus takes Alec to the table and sits down, smiling as they both take a bite of the waffles. It tasted almost identical to how Alec made them, not a hint of magic to it. ''You've been learning to cook without using your magic'', Alec says pleasantly surprised. ''Well, what can I say, I look pretty hot in an apron.'' Alec laughs, but that laugh fades as he thinks about Jace.

They hadn't spoken in a while, moreover since Alec was very busy as the Inquisitor in Alicante. Magnus, of course, notices his husband's sudden mood of change. He puts his hand on his. ''He's okay, Alexander.'' Alec looks up. Of course, Magnus knew who he was thinking about, he always knew. As if it was written in Alec's eyes, or just because he knew him too well.

''I feel like a bad brother to him. I haven't checked in with him for days. Izzy told me that Simon found out that he's secretly seeing Clary again and I know he'd want to talk to me about it. Yet, I don't make time for it.'' Magnus gives his hand a squeeze. Alec doesn't meet his eyes, so Magnus leans forward, lifting his chin up with his finger. ''There's a magic to your friendship, a complexity and random spontaneity that'll always stay upright. I know it won't make you worry less and reduce the grey hairs forming...'' Alec gives him a look, to which Magnus apologises. Not a good moment to put in a joke. ''But you fought for him, constantly. It won't break your bond if you don't speak for a while.'' Alec sighs. ''But that's just it. What if he forgets me?'' It makes Magnus laugh, though he stops laughing as Alec's being serious. He shakes his head. ''He'll always remember you, Alexander, no matter what. The fact that you've supported him tremendously and without a doubt for the first weeks after Clary left, is what he'll choose to recall.'' Alec smiles, shakes his head. ''Why do you always know what to say?'' Magnus smirks. ''Oh, you know, I guess you could say that it's a gift.'' They both continue eating their breakfast, enjoying one's company.

To be continued...