but on the walk, you walked past a building and loud upbeat music could be heard inside. the music called to you and you insisted that the both of you check it out. and so you did, and from that point forward most of the dates the two of you had would take place there.

the man thought of the memory faintly before realizing he was already parked in front of the building. the sounds of upbeat jazz music could be heard from the inside. eager to see you, the blond turned off the car and got out.

walking to the entrance he was greeted by a familiar bouncer. "oh shit, katsuki bakugo? is that you?" the dark-skinned man asked at the sight of the teenager. a laugh escaped the pro hero's lips as he got closer to the man.

"max, long time no see." he smiled with a nod. "man you haven't aged like...at all?" the man laughed. "that's not exactly true," katsuki began as he crossed his arms.

"quirk mishap, miko got her quirk." he stated proudly. "well i'll be dammed, how is kumiko? what is she now? 6?"

"4," the father corrected with a nod. "damn," max said with a small shake of his head. "well don't let me stop you from going in, i assume you're here for y/n? she headed in about an hour again and she's been here since." the tall man stated while stepping out of katsuki's way.

"thanks, man," bakugo said while giving the bouncer a fist bump. "anytime, i just expect to see you around here more, mr pro hero." both men laughed at the comment before katsuki continued down the stairs into the club.

entering the club katsuki scanned the room. the club hadn't changed since the last time the two do you were here together. which was the night he proposed.

7 years ago, a young 25 year old you was sitting and laughing with your blond boyfriend, katsuki bakugo in blue cosmos. the atmosphere of the club that night was much different than what it usually was.

normally everyone in the room was on the dance floor or driving at the bar. that night was different though, it wasn't as packed and nearly everyone was at a table enjoying themselves.

the music was softer and quieter for the entirety of the night. you didn't question it though, but simply enjoyed the time you were having with the man you loved.

an hour into the night when you finished dinner katsuki had gotten nervous. you noticed immediately in his tone and posture.

"y/n, you know i love you right?" he asked his voice quieter and softer than it's ever been. "yeah? why?" you question with a worried tone in your voice. clearing his throat the usually explosive man grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped his mouth before standing up.

"(full name), i have been in love with you for the past 8 years of my life. the time we've spent together has made me realize that i would do anything to keep you safe, no matter the cost. i have also realized that i'd want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you by my side."

at this point, he had reached into the pocket of his pants and pulled out a black velvet box. tears began to form at the inner corner of your eyes, while your hands covered your mouth. "will you marry me?" he asked opening the little box to reveal a diamond ring.

as soon as the words left his mouth you noticed that the music had stopped and it was like you and him were the only ones in the room. "yes," you nodded rapidly. "yes, i will!" you exclaimed before standing up and walking to the man.

the rest of the room began to clap and cheer for the two of you as katsuki placed the ring on your finger. then standing up and pulling you into him closer.

one hand placed on your waist and the other cupping one of your s/c tear-stained cheeks. pulling your face gently but closely to his your lips hovered above one another's as he spoke.

"i love you y/n."

"i love you too katsuki."

shaking the memory away the man continued looking around for you. much to his surprise—but not really. you say at the same table the both of you did that night, 7 years ago.

you weren't looking in his direction but at the dance floor. watching you he could see the glint in your eyes as you watched the lively people dance to the music the band played.

slowly he began to walk towards you, when he got closer you sensed his presence and perked up. "oh you're here," you smiled softly up at the blond. he could've died on the spot at the sight of your smile.

clearing his throat he took the vacant seat from across from you and nodded. "yeah," he finally said while looking down at his hands that he rested on the table. "katsuki look," you began which made him look s from his hands to you.

"i know i may have overreacted, i normally don't care about my family being brought up now and you know that. i think it's that because i'm...younger again i have the same emotions from then and not the ones 31 year old me has," you explained calmly. "and i'm sorry."

a confused look was painted on his teenage self's face. "you really shouldn't be apologizing, you have every right to be mad. whether or not it's because of our current situation or not. i let my anger get the best of me and i'm sorry." he apologized.

a small harmonic laugh escaped your mouth at his words. "you know," you began again with a sigh. "i wasn't really mad at you—not for what you said at least," the red-eyed male perked up at your words and slightly leaned in out of interest to what you would say next.

"i guess i'm still mad at you for leaving," you said while looking off to the side at the band. "oh," bakugo's face and voice faltered. "but you have to hear me out, you left your family behind to focus on being a hero. can you not do both?"

your voice has slightly cracked and noticeable tears rolled down your cheek—which you immediately wiped away. "y/n look i—"

"didn't you say you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me? or did nothing you say have real meaning?" you turned back to him, staring straight into his ruby-colored eyes. "i meant every single word i said," he stated.

"if i could take back what i said the day we separated, i would—"

"why can't you?"

he was stuck, he didn't know what to say. rubbing his forehead with his hand and running it through his hair he looked back at you. "would you even take me back if i did? what difference would it make?"

"it'd make a big one actually."

"y/n you need to understand that everything i said that day i said for a reason. you're the love of my life and i said i'd protect you at any cost and i did. i still am—if i was with you and villains knew they'd use you and miko as leverage against me. i don't want that." he shook his head.

"i couldn't live with myself if something were to happen to either of you." he finished with a clenched jaw. "what did you just say?" you asked.

"i said everything that day for a reason," he repeated his first sentence. "no katsuki," you mumbled "right after that," you repeated "what did you say.

he furrowed his eyebrows and thought back to what he said before it clicked. looking directly into you your e/c eyes he repeated his words from before. "you're the love of my life,"

"not past tense?" you questioned. "no, of course not. i'll always love you...always."