(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) solutions of lies

Start from the beginning

"Not if I'm the one making the potion" Snape replied, "I assure you it will work"

"Right" Athena nodded, "well that's... good"

"Is it?"

"Better than a normal transformation, they were horrible for him... painful and—"

"You're beginning to sound like you care" Snape muttered,

"Of course I care" Athena retorted, "if the potion didn't work there'd be a fully grown werewolf running around the castle"

"I mean it's beginning to sound as though you care about him"

Athena paused. Did she still care about him? Her mind told her no however her heart said otherwise. It was hard to get over someone who she had loved endlessly.

"Anyway" Snape interrupted, "I'm only bothered because if you did care about him our tradition of hating the defence professors would be ruined"

"I don't hate him" Athena shook her head.

"Even after what he did to you?"

"I..." Athena couldn't describe how she felt. Maybe she should hate him. He deserved that much from her. He'd just walked away after promising he'd stay.

"I didn't think you'd be keen to talk awfully about him" Snape mused, "I suppose I'll have to do it on my own"

"Course you will" Athena muttered bitterly.

"Dumbledore wants to see you" Snape added casually,

"Does he?" Athena looked up in surprise "how come?"

"He didn't say" Snape replied, "I would presume that it might have something to do with the escape of your old friend"

"Oh" Athena whispered, "Sirius"

She'd forgotten about him for a moment which was odd. How come Remus always took first prize in her mind? Always talking up her time.

"I better go then" Athena sighed as she finished off the food on her plate.

"Good luck" Snape muttered as she walked out of her office.

Athena feared that she might see him on the way. It was a thought that placed her on the edge. Wondering whether he was around the next corner. She knew he was somewhere, presumably in his office. Athena definitely wasn't going to go looking.

It didn't take her long to get to Dumbledore's office. The door was already open and she strode up the steps and through the door to see Dumbledore sat behind his desk reading the paper.

"Severus said you wanted to talk to me" Athena stated clearly, making her presence known. Dumbledore looked up from the paper which Athena noticed was the same one that Aurora had brought her.

"Ah, Athena" he sighed, "take a seat"

Athena did so, clasping her hands on her knees as she waited expectantly.

"I saw you left the feast early"

"I don't think highly of your choice of the defence against the dark arts teacher" Athena replied simply.

"I see" Dumbledore nodded, "my apologies, Mr Lupin seemed a fine choice and he was in need of a job"

Athena felt a sudden stab of guilt. Of course he was in need of a job. It was near impossible to get hired as a werewolf. This was probably the best opportunity he'd been given in years, no wonder he took the position.

"That's not why I'm here" Athena looked back up, "this is because of Sirius, isn't it?"

"It is yes" Dumbledore continued, "I presume you didn't take the news well"