Sanctuary of Death

Mulai dari awal

Neo's left eye turned red. Her right arm, the one that the twitching and pain had originated from, started to leave what looked like a massive dark bruise, but really was pitch black and made her skin feel rougher than any humans skin would be naturally. The pain calmed down after the two said physical marks were planted. ''Wh... What the...'' Neo finally spoke words but panting and out of breath as she tried to say them. ''Neo! Is it over?! Did the pain stop?!'' Friend asked in a panic, concerned for her friend. ''Y... Yeah... I think...'' Neo finally got out, still panting. ''I'm glad it's over. Seeing friends in pain is a horrible sight!'' Rayan said as he hugged Neo. Friend following in the hug as Neo caught her breath and said, ''Wait, Where's Aroval?'' The three looked around the room in confusion as Aroval hadn't gotten back yet. 

Suddenly, the morning bell went off. ''Here, you can borrow my cardigan to hide your arm!'' Friend gave Neo the black knitted jacket that she had worn the day before. ''Thanks...'' Neo said as she gave a weak smile to her friends. She moved her fringe so that it was covering her left eye which was still a vibrant red. She could still see out of it but it was all red from that eyes view. Having it covered tend to help with her normal sight with her right eye though, as the three left their room and went to breakfast, looking around for Aroval on the way. To their surprise, there were at least three or four other people with covered eyes and arms... Did this happen a lot?

''Okay, guys... I have a theory!'' Rayan said as the breakfast arrived and the nurses all huddled back into the kitchen. ''Shoot!'' Friend said, motioning for Rayan to continue his thought. ''What if the reason Neo's body was like that last night was because of the food and the holy water? Think about it! We all ate the food, But Neo was decided not to drink the holy water! Maybe the food gave a sickness and the holy water is ACTUALLY medicine!'' Rayan finished his thought. ''That makes so much sense! But does that mean the food is being poisoned?'' Neo questioned. Wide-eyed for a few seconds as Friend and Rayan nodded in agreement and said in sync, ''Definitely.''. The three decided to skip eating breakfast.

It was finally free time, and Neo, Rayan and Friend decided to look for Aroval. But this is when Neo noticed something wrong... ''Wait... Safalin?!'' Neo called out, as Rayan and Friend looked at her, concerned yet confused. ''What's wrong? Is Safalin not there?'' Rayan asked as Neo replied, ''No! I can't see, hear or feel her presence! She's gone!'' Neo cried out as Friend said, ''It's okay! I'll have Mary go look for her! They're both imaginary so Mary will find Safalin lickity-split!''. This managed to reassure Neo, as they calmed down and kept looking for Aroval. However, they split up. Neo was looking in the library, Rayan was looking on the playground, near the pond and Friend was looking in the Nurse's office. However, Friend found herself finding something that she wished she'd never see again... it traumatised her so. Rayan found something utterly shocking. He was terrified. Horrified. Petrified. Finally, Neo found nothing in the library cause god knows, she's been through one crazy event, So it's someone else's turn in the limelight.

Rayan and Friend ran back to the main hall, terrified. Neo was waiting for them, as they both were holding wide-eyes and gaping mouths as they panted, catching their breaths. Rayan spoke up and said, ''In the pond... There were bodies! Just laying there! They were dead!'' Neo and Friend looked at him, with even wider eyes and looked completely horrified. ''What did you find, Friend?'' Rayan calmed down only slightly as he asked what the others found. ''I...'' She stuttered and couldn't speak. She was speechless and fully petrified. ''Neo?'' Rayan asked, moving the question to her. ''No, I didn't find anything.'' She answered as it was almost time for dinner. 

They hadn't noticed the many times before, but the nurses locked the doors when every patient was in the cafeteria. By the time they sat down and the food came, it was dried up flamingo. That's it, Friend had had enough. She ran to the exit and screamed, ''Unlock the door! No! I don't wanna be here anymore! Let me out!''. ''Friend! Are you okay?! What's wrong?!'' Neo and Rayan ran up to her, trying to contain her as she was flapping about, trying to get out of their grasp and trying to break down the door that the nurses locked. Why did they lock it? For times like these. For when patients found something they shouldn't have. ''That's it, young lady! You and your unholy behaviour is coming with me!'' Dr Val came out of the crowd and shouted while dragging Friend out of the room. Rayan and Neo could only look at their best friend being dragged away by someone who they thought could only be sweet and friendly, but realistically? She was the cruellest, meanest, most evil and unholy there is in this sanctuary.