PROLOGUE

LONG AGO IN KOREA, 2008-2009 RYU SHI-OH WAS NORMAL.

The Russian mafia wasn't breathing down his neck and his responsibilities were normal. He had a roommate and even fell in love. a girl on his campus named Nam-Ra Lee.

When he first seen her she was with her friends eating in the food court of a mall. He watched the beautiful girl from the window. Her smiled was contagious and sometimes he'd crack a smile of his own.

With a lot of pushing from his roommate Micheal and Two months of hopelessly staring at her they finally met. She of course was in trouble and standing outside in the hall.

He walked up to her and took a book from her hand. "give that back" she said. the cover was decorated with cherry stickers and bows.

"do you like cherries?" he asked her. She nodded "i do" she said. "i'm Anton" he stuck his hand out at her. "Nam-ra. You have an American name" she pointed out, smiling as she shook his hand.

thus started a friendship and love between the two. For the next year the two spent most of their time together.

"Anton! say cheese!" Nam-Ra called, a camera in her hand. Anton smiled, they were on a carnival ride. Nam-ra had mentioned to him that she's never been to a carnival and he took her.

"look cotton candy!" her eyes lit up dragging Anton by his hand toward the booth. the two got a large blue cotton candy and sat beside each other on a bench.

the two picked off pieces, her head rested on his shoulder. "Anton" she said. "Yes?" he asked turning toward her. "Don't leave me" she mumbled. "i'd never leave someone like you".

Looking back on that anger bubbled in Nam-Ra's throat. A month after that promise he moved America. Letters were exchanged here and there but soon he stopped replying.

She traditionally sent him ones on his birthday. After college as well she sent him ones to let him know she was thinking about him. He never replied.

She eventually came to terms with the fact he never loved her. At least not as much as she loved him. If he would have asked her to come with him instead of him watching her cry from the train window she would have went.

They both laid awake at night wondering where the other was. If they still thought about each other. Would they be married by now? Ex's?