Chapter 2

3rd persons P.O.V

It was late in the evening when Maria and Freya arrived home, after school Maria went and picked Freya up, both deciding since Maria didn't own the car, they could escape their horrid life by getting plane tickets to a place they wanted to live; new zealand; this allowed them to gather their most needed possessions with a few clothes. They're mother was very oblivious to the fact that her daughters were planing to runaway, this only made it easier for them. By the time they had finish gathering their stuff together they both hid it Marias small hidden door, out of sight from their mothers prying eyes awaiting Marias 18th birthday.

"Ria" upon hearing her sisters teary vioce she shot up, taking in the sight of her sisters bleeding cheek she paced over to her quickly after grabbing a cold cloth from her bathroom. She automatically knew it was her mother, whenever they refused to do a chore for her she would use her fists until it was done. It hasnt happend for a while since after the first few they made sure they do everything asked by her so they aren't hit.

"Don't worry, remember only one week, seven days. Then we are gone from this, anyway why did she hit you" Maria asked, gentally placing the cloth on her younger sisters cheek before looking into her eyes, smiling sadly, giving a pinch of encouragment.

"She asked me to - to erm to go run her a b-bath and then a-a-as i was going to g-o up i re-membe-erd that i had left her" she pause sobbing into her hand for a minute before continuing " towels, so i went back down to get them and she saw me and said i told you to run a bath and then i said to her i came to get something and she told me to stop lieing a-and then she hit me" she ended her sentence and broke down crying into her older sisters lap. Cuddling her tightly , Maria rubbed her arms in comfort until she fell asleep.

"Why did you change" she asked in the empty room, refering to her once-loving mother. Sighing to herself she carefully picked up Freya and place her in to her bed before also getting in, cuddling her sister she too fell asleep.

*****************************************************************************************

BANG

Maria quickly sat up, scanning her room she found out that the banging noise that had awoke her had come from one of the rooms downstairs. Groaning quietly she slipped out of her bed, carefully making sure she didn't wake Freya and grabbed her dads baseball bat she exited the room making her footsteps sound-free so it would alert what ever was down there; she looked around the bottom of the stairs once she got to them a slowly and swiftly walked down each step until she was at the bottom.
5 minutes late after finding nothing in the rooms and each door, window locked she grabbed a drink from the kitchen, about to go back to bed she notice a note with her and Freyas name written messily across it. Curious, Maria took the note and un-folded it and read the message written.

Girls,

Going to london for 7 days. These list of jobs better be done before i get back or otherwise you will be in massive trouble you stupid pair of shits, so make sure its done.

-wash all the dishes i left
-clean my room twice
-scrub the kitchen floor
-restock the fridge
-clean my car
-restack my stuff in the cupboards so they are neat
-vacuum everywhere
-clean the garden
-go buy me a new bed
-re-stack the bookshelf
-put petrol in my car
-scrub my bathroom floor

P.S do not take my car anywhere otherwise i will use my fist to punish you

Mother

Grinning to herself, she quickly ran up calling to her sister as she entered her room.
"Fey...fey wake up" she shook her gently as her sister slowly began to wake up. "We can leave earlier than we were going too, moms gonna London up until my birthday" she said picking up Freya she spun her around happily while Freya let out joyful cheers. After a quick celebration they pack the rest of there stuff, filling their suitcases til it was full woth stuff that was needed. When it was all do they change into their morning clothes as it was 7 am. Maria was wearing her black tank top with her high waisted jeggings, she grabbed her black and red flannel and placed it over to finish of her look with her brown ugg boots. "You almost ready" she turn to her sister and saw she had on her knee length flower dress with white tights and dolly shoes.

Looking up at her sister Freya responed "ready Ria" which made Maria smile

"Okay, i'm just going to get are bathroom supplies and add my mascara. We can go then" she smile at the thought. After recieveing a nod in respond she hurried to the bathroom and done what she had to do.

***************** 5Minutes later********************

"Okay then lets get going" Maria stated grabbing her bags and some of Freyas whereas Freya just grabbed her suit case. Making their way down the stairs Maria grabbed the front door key and locked the door before placing them under the mat for their mother to find. Normal pace, they walked down their road and into the woods opening to get to the bus station in order to travel to the airport for their flight.

"I don't like the woods" Freya said looking about, i gave her a questioning look but, took her hand in mine.

"Your safe with me sis" Maria said as they walked deeper and deeper in the woods, after 15 minutes of silents Maria felt a tug on her hand she was using to hold her sister hand.

"Ria..Ria wh-a-ts that co-ming towards u-us" she sound worried. Confused by this MAria glanced into the direction her sister was looking at, and saw a big which circled glow coming towards them.

"I know it looks scary but what were gonna do is stand still and close our eye, then wait for it to pass over, ok?" She looked at Freya who nodded and they both stood still and squeezed their eyes shuts, feeling warth pass over them both they fell into a peaceful sleep unaware of them falling.....