Louis spotted the "I Love Los Angeles!" T-shirt that I saw earlier, pulling it over his own tee and handing me his phone to take a picture.

"You look ridiculous." I laughed as he pouted.

"Ridiculously amazing. You're just jealous." he jutted out his chin in confidence.

"Oh, yeah. I'm so jealous of you."

Louis walked closer to me as I felt my breath hitch. He extended his arm, reaching over my shoulder to grab something from a shelf behind me. He pulled back, holding the item out to me and gently placing it over my hair. A matching "I Love Los Angeles!" merchandise, but as a baseball cap.

"No need to be jealous anymore. You look almost as good as me." he winked.

I scoffed, "If you're anything. You're definitely modest." I sarcastically replied.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." he lightly smiled as I shoved his shoulder— another thing that has become a force of habit with him. I raised the arm that had his phone, placing it in front of our accessorized bodies.

"Okay, Partridge. Time to smile that ever so modest smile." he scrunched up his face at me before turning to the camera.

My right hand held onto the bill of the cap, tilting it lightly and Louis tugged onto the sides of his white tee. I snapped a few pictures, admiring the good ones before giving him the phone back. I am becoming friends with a stranger that I probably won't see ever again in less than six hours. Am I setting myself up for failure? I dropped the negativity, continuing on with the pleasant nature of this moment in time.

        I spotted a brown California grizzly bear stuffy sitting on a tall shelf as Louis reached for it, handing it to me. "Oh my God. It's so soft." I cooed.

        He laughed, holding up his phone, "Say cheese!"

        I held the stuffed bear up to my chest, holding onto it tightly as I smiled for the camera. I scrunched my face in a few photos as I giggled when he pointed out which ones were his favorite.

        We continued roaming through the aisles, a middle aged lady, propping her glasses back onto the ridge of her nose, stood at the front counter looking as tired as everyone else I've encountered— other than Louis. For some reason, he has so much energy for it being almost 2am. The lady sighed as Louis approached the counter. I didn't see much of what he got since I was looking at the assortment of gum that they offered.

        "You ready?" he asked, holding a plastic bag of whatever he got in his hand, and my suitcase in the other. Everytime that I insisted on rolling it myself, he would clutch onto it tighter, not saying a word in response. Actually, if he is anything, he's definitely determined. I'll give him that.

I nodded in agreement of his question as we started back towards the long hallway. There were absolutely no stores open in this part of the airport. Not a person in sight other than the two of us. We found a small section with a large couch that no one was occupying at the moment as we settled our things onto the ground and relaxed onto the couch. My feet were killing me from all the walking.

        My back rested comfortably on the couch, as Louis placed his legs onto mine, lying horizontally beside me. For some reason, I felt comfortable around him. It usually took me a while to even get the nerve to hold a conversation with a stranger, but with Louis, it's like I've known him my whole life.