In a matter of seconds, he placed his hands in his pockets, walking away from me. Was that mean? Should I not have said that?

He turned around, walking backwards as he looked at me. "What are you doing still standing there? Come along." he signaled his head toward the direction he was going and I quickly packed my stuff up, placing my phone that is now at 45%— wow he has a fast charger, and quickly grabbing my suitcase to catch up with him.

"Here, let me help." he placed his hand over mine, transferring my luggage to him. He happily rolled it along as we walked through the still abandoned-looking airport. It was only 1:15am and most of the stores were still closed other than the occasional Starbucks and funny-looking gift shop.

"Just to make sure you're not a child predator," I started. He tilted his head down toward me, narrowing his dark eyebrows. "how old are you? I mean, you look young, but there's also like forty year old men that look like fifteen year olds, so I just want to make sure."

"What if you're a child predator?" he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Look at me. Do I look like a child predator?"

"No, but technically anyone can look like one," I bumped my shoulder to his, as we continued on, aimlessly walking. "I'm seventeen. You?"

"I'm seventeen too. This is actually my first time flying by myself." I spilled.

"Well, from a seasoned solo flyer— we'll definitely crash."

My eyes widened, snapping my neck toward him. "What?"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, I didn't know you were actually that worried." he said, a hint of nervousness washed over him, quickly going away after my next statement.

"What is there to not worry about? We can fall, or a meteor can crash into us—"

"Right, definitely meteors." he nodded his head as I continued.

"Or aliens interfere with the technology in the cockpit and we end up spiraling in space—"

"Oh, that will definitely happen. Happens every time." he smirked as I playfully shoved him.

"Shut up, it might happen."

"Fine, if aliens don't interfere with the technology on the flight, you owe me a drink when we land in London."

        I scoffed, "I'm not buying you a drink in London."

"Because you know that aliens won't interfere with anything. I think I just solved your problem." he said, giving himself a pat on the back.

"Ha ha, so funny." I sarcastically smiled as he pulled me into a bright store. It was one of the many gift shops in this large airport.

Aisles and aisles of snacks and classic Los Angeles memorabilia filled the small store. From Lakers tees to Clippers caps— my dad and I loved the Lakers. We used to watch every game on T.V. and would sometimes go to in-person ones too. That was until things got a little hectic in our family and we didn't have much time to do those things anymore.