Spin the bottle.

"Kiyoomi, I thin' we should break up." Atsumu said. His eyes were full of tears, threatening to spill. My heart had 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 and my whole body 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 as I understood what Atsumu had stated.

"Wh-what?"

"Let's break up, Kiyoomi. Yer know this was boun' to happen, didn't ya? We had been buildin' up to it." I knew what he meant. I 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 that I pushed him too far today, knowing he was insecure. But, the moment that it had happened, my jealousy spun out of control.

1 卄ㄖㄩ尺 卂ᘜㄖ

"Atsu, are you ready?"

"Ya, 'm ready Omi. Let's go."

We arrived at the Iwaizumi's a bit early before they had invited us. But that was mainly due to Atsumu not being able to wait 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 to see his best friend.

Knocking on the door, Atsumu waited impatiently for someone to open the door. I sneaked a glance at the fake blonde and couldn't help but sigh at the way my boyfriend looked tonight. It was the start of the snowfall season so the air was below zero degree celsius. It caused Atsumu's cheeks and nose to glow in a pretty pink colour. His golden-brown eyes were 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 with a brightness that was reflected in his smile in a way that made my heart beat a bit faster.

"Yahoo~ Welcome, 'Tsumu-chan and Sakusa-kun!"

"Hi, Tooru-kun!" Atsumu exclaimed as they hugged each other. I saw Hajime-san come to the door to usher us in and close it.

"Let them come in Tooru. It's cold outside."

"Oh, right. Sorry Jime-chan. Anyway, come in both of you!"

We settled down a couch in their living room as Atsumu and Tooru-san caught up with each other, despite having met just the week before. I looked around the room and noticed a new set of photos placed on their cabinet.

Hajime-san looked at where I was looking. "Tooru took them when we went to visit Wakatoshi-san and Satori-san in Paris. We missed their wedding so Tooru insisted that we go meet them." He said.

"How are they now?" I asked, mentally reminding myself to 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 and catch-up whenever I would have the chance.

"Still getting settled in. Especially, Wakatoshi-san. But, everyone expected it."

I nodded, indicating that I agreed with him. The four of us kept chatting till everyone came.

ㄒ|爪乇 丂Ҝ|卩

After dinner all of us including, the Sawamuras, Hinata-kun, Kageyama-kun, Suna-san, Miya-san, the Iwaizumis, Atsumu and I, retired to the living room, drinks in hand.

Atsumu and Tooru-san suggested a game of 'Spin-the-bottle' and ended up dragging everyone to play.

It was fun until Suna-san spun the bottle and it landed on Atsumu. 𝑀𝑦 𝐴𝑡𝑠𝑢𝑚𝑢. I looked at Atsumu, who was sitting beside me, hoping that he would back out. Instead, he blushed a little, emptied his entire cup of beer and crawled near Suna-san, who was also crawling to come near Atsumu.

Just as their lips were about to touch, I saw Suna-san smirk and press their lips together. Atsumu made a small sound of surprise, eyes blowing wide, body jerking and tried to pull away. Tooru-san and Hinata-kun, clearly drunk, started whistling and cheering while the others stared at me sympathetically. Suna-san held the back of his head to 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑛 the kiss.

I heard Miya-san growl as I felt pain bubble in my chest. I was jealous, sad, hurt, angry and a bit drunk, which is never a good combination. Atsumu pulled away and sat back down beside me with a 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑠ℎ painting his cheeks and I clenched my fists a bit harder.

After a few rounds, it was my turn. The whole game after the kiss, I was ignoring Atsumu. I didn't want to explode in front of our friends. I spun the bottle and it landed on 𝑀𝑖𝑦𝑎-𝑠𝑎𝑛.

We looked at each other and without hesitation leaned in, both wanting to make our significant other as 𝑗𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠 as they made us. We kissed deeply and then it happened. Looking back at this moment, I should have known that I took it too far. Hell, it wasn't even Atsumu's fault, but I 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 stop my drunk brain.

I felt Atsumu stiffen, stand up and ask Tooru-san, where the guest room is. Me and Miya-san seperated just in time to see Atsumu run to the room with tears rapidly falling. Everyone had become silent as I felt the regret crash onto me.

I immediately stood up and went in the room Atsumu was in. He was sitting on the bed, looking out the window, crying heavily yet not making any sounds at all. The sight was too 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 but too ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 to look at.

"Atsu I-" I started, to atleast break the awkward silence between us, but he cut me off.

"Y'know, Omi. When me 'n 'Samu were in middle school, we had this one substitute coach who came in everytime our coach was unavailable. He would help us train 'n used to treat us if we did well that day.

But then, one day, he changed outta nowhere or maybe he was always like that, I don' remember. He started beatin' us if we made mistakes 'n would get angry at the smallest thin's.

One time, I accidently set a ball too close to the net 'n the person who was 'bout to spike, tumbled into the net. I was... 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑑. The substitute coach was the one attendin' our practice that day. He took my hand 'n dragged me to an empty storage room 'n beat the 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 outta me." Atsumu said, laughing without any humour as his silent tears didn't stop. I wanted to sit beside him, comfort him and tell him how 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 I am, but I knew that he had to get everything out of his system before he could talk about what happened just now.

"He kept shoutin' at me 'bout how 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 I was 'n how if I couldn' do this then I couldn' do anythin' else regardin' volleyball. 'N then he lifted me up so that we were face to face 'n y'know what he said, Omi?" I shook my head as tears started welling up in my eyes. I wanted to punch the lights out of whoever this person was but I knew that I had no right, now atleast.

"He said, 'The 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 way anyone is gonna stay by yer side is if it was a way to get closer to Osamu. He is the only one everyone talks to anyway. No one is ever gonna stay with yer 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑒𝑟.'" He finally looked at me with a sad smile and said, "'N today, Omi, I thought maybe he was right."

I opened my mouth to deny the self-criticism that came out of Atsumu's mouth, but his next words had me frozen.

"Kiyoomi, I thin' we should break up."

ㄒㄖ 乃乇 匚ㄖ几ㄒ|几ㄩ乇ᗪ.

ᗩ/ᑎ: ՏO TᕼIՏ IՏ ᗰY ᖴIᖇՏT OᑎᗴՏᕼOT ՏᗴᖇIᗴՏ ᗩᑎᗪ I'ᗰ ՏO ՏIKᗴᗪ!! ᒪᗰᗩO, ᗷᑌT ᖇᗴՏT ᗩՏՏᑌᖇᗴᗪ, I ᑕᗩᑎ'T ᗯᖇITᗴ ᗩᑎ ᗩᑎᘜՏTY ᗴᑎᗪIᑎᘜ TO Տᗩᐯᗴ ᗰY ᒪIᖴᗴ. ᗩᑎYᘜᗩYՏ, I'ᗰ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYՏ Oᑭᗴᑎ TO ՏᑌᘜᘜᗴՏTIOᑎՏ 'ᑕᗩᑌՏᗴ ᗰY ᗷᖇᗩIᑎ'Տ ᑭᖇᗴTTY ᗴᗰᑭTY. ᒪOᒪ, ՏO ᗩᑎYOᑎᗴ ᕼᗩᐯᗴ ᗩᑎY ᕼᗴᗩᗪᑕᗩᑎOᑎՏ Oᖇ IᗪᗴᗩՏ, ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᗩᑭᑭᖇᗴᑕIᗩTᗴ Tᕼᗴ ᕼᗴᒪᑭ!

ᗷYᗴ, ᖴᗴᒪᒪOᗯ ᗯᗴᗴᗷՏ! ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎