✿Chapter 12: How do you sleep?✿

Start from the beginning

"Seriously, did you really have to paint a portrait for every guest?" Cassandra asked, turning to face the two.

Rapunzel looked insulted and walked over to the raven-haired girl, "Do you really need six guards at your checkpoint?" She asked.

"That actually seems reasonable-" You were cut off by Rapunzel talking again.

"Sorry! Ugh, that was so rude."

Eugene held out his arms, "Ah, that's my girl!" He placed his arms on her shoulders, "You can't even argue without being nice."

"Yeah!" Cassandra spun around, crossing her arms, "Do you always have to be so... you?"

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped, you stepped forward ready to defend your sister, but you were cut off again by Rapunzel.

"Well, it's better than always being callous!" Rapunzel argued back, as you walked forwards to the group.

Cassandra shook her head, "I'm not callous, I'm practical!"

"Yeah, practical-ly heartless!" Eugene said. You tried to step between the three and stop their fighting, but they just kept arguing.

At one point Cassandra turned, she pointed a finger at you, "And you, you are so happy-go-lucky that you never notice when other people are having problems!"

Your eyes widened, "When did I become a part of this!" You were pushed lightly to the side so you decided to step back, you wanted nothing to do with their argument.

It took a while but soon enough the group of them made quick amends and decided to go to the marketplace, not inviting you at all. You didn't mind though, as long as you didn't have to be around them arguing you were fine.

✿✿✿

After they came back from the market, the four of you were sitting in Eugene's room, looking over what he had for the big night. Cassandra and Eugene were arguing about breaking his confetti cannon. And Rapunzel told them to stop yelling which only made them all angrier. Eventually, Cassandra had pulled out a dagger and was chasing around Eugene. They all burst into the kitchen, you were trying to hold Cassandra back while she cornered him against a barrel.

"Hey, let's all have some lemonade. I know I could use some!" Eugene tried to lessen the tension. He reached over and grabbed the ladle that was sitting in the lemonade, "Thanks, little buddy!" Eugene said to Pascal who was sitting on the edge of the barrel, "My throat was getting all sore from all this yelling." Eugene passed everyone some lemonade.

Rapunzel, who was looking at Cassandra said, "At least someone around here is considerate."

You rolled your eyes before taking a sip of the lemonade.

Rapunzel practically spat out the lemonade, "Really not a fan of lemonade..." She said, looking down at the cup in her hand.

Cassandra made a face too, "It's bitter..." She placed the cup down on another barrel, "I like it." The woman spun around.

"Why am I not surprised?" Eugene asked.

Cassandra spun around, ready to fight again, "You know what Eugene-" She started, before being cut off, "I can kind of see how that cannon would be fun, but at least consider the risk!"

"What was I thinking?!" Eugene said, "You are so right, Cassandra! Firing a cannon could be dangerous!" You looked over and saw Pascal and Maximus high-fiving, everyone was acting weird and you knew it had something to do with those two.

Suddenly, your shoulders dropped, you looked down at the cup in your hand feeling almost sick. You placed it down and looked back at the group, everyone was acting weird. Then it felt as though your brain shut off and was replaced with another.