ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

Start from the beginning

“You don't know, do you?” Mr. Beaver's amusement diffused, turning serious in a matter of seconds. I gave him a bewildered look, a scowl presenting its way to my features.

“In what way would a group that's new to this world have vast knowledge of the place?”

Susan shot me a disapproving look, shaking her head slightly. I frowned from my spot, now conscious of my newly arrived grumpiness. The real question would be whether it was my own or someone else's affecting mine.

“We haven't exactly been here very long.” Peter attempted to rephrase my statement, flinching when his tone sounded almost a lot like mine.

“Well he's only the king of the whole wood . . ,” As he continued to list out titles, my attention perked up in delight when a familiar tug on the link pulled on my abilities. I focused on it, not wanting to loose concentration as I finally got a hold of it. Edmund had once again proven suspicious as he got more annoyed by the second everytime the beaver spoke highly of Aslan. “The real king of Narnia!”

The vexed boy shook his head in disgust, walking lightly towards the door where I stood with a raised eyebrow. He avoided my gaze when he arrived in front of the frame, making sure to walk past me like he was not visible. I . . . Did I look like I was blind?

The next exchanged words of the preoccupied group went through deaf ears. My lips pursed in a mix of annoyance and contemplation, a frown deepening on my face as my eyes landed on a brown coat messily thrown to the floor. Don't you just love being included in the drama?

Well, let's see. If I were to follow that idiot, this would be the choice I won't do but still think of anyway, and hand him a coat, what would I possibly receive from it? Hyperventilation from running after him. A clear mind maybe? But also a step ahead in being a better person. Hurray! Note the sarcasm.

Although what if I ignored him and pretended like I didn't see him? Would I have some peace? Tranquility. No more negative aura. One less Pevensie to be annoyed with. A heavy, guilt-ridden conscience. And lastly, a possible soon to be found dead body caused by hypothermia due to not giving him a coat— Okay, stop. Fine! I'll give it to him.

After snatching up both of our coats, I stalked to the exit. Once outside, the harsh wind blew cold swirls to my exposed skin. I wore my own coat, sighing when it gave me some sort of warmth then proceeded to follow the footsteps of the bloody imbecile.

I only made it further more into the forest until I saw his figure moving slowly from up ahead. My eyes scanned the surroundings, making sure to glare at the trees. Let's just say I looked like an absolute idiot whilst yelling colorful words of warnings at the trees about gossiping.

The feeling in the depths of my secrets felt heavier within the second, weighing me down as if trying to stop me from taking more steps. When the winds blew, it stung slightly, my own abilities going into haywire about a magic unknown yet carried darkness much blinding than the night.

I opened my mouth, almost about to call for the boy to just stop. But something in the back of my mind warned me about screaming in the middle of the forest. So I bent down, formed a sphere shape using the snow I collected then threw it to Edmund with much force that he almost stumbled to the ground.

He slowly turned around, noticeably gulping in nervousness. Perchance thinking of me as an enemy. When his eyes met mine, a colorful swirl of relief released from him, his once tense posture relaxing a bit. But then he scowled, now realizing that I followed him.

“What are you doing here?” I didn't even bother answering his complain first, just proceeding to throw the coat to his face. He took it with a frown, contemplating whether or not he wanted to accept it. Sometimes I wonder if this kid really had major issues.