Chapter 2 - Presentations

Aliya woke up on a large sofa in a spacious room decorated with paintings, rugs and flowers. She passed her hand on her neck, which still hurt. Suddenly, her head was buzzing with ideas: she saw her friend get killed. Feeling sick, she ran to the balcony and leaned forward. Nothing came out. She stood up straight and was captivated by the landscape: the pink and cloudy sky was dyeing the mountains, and birds were flying to a lake which water was made cloudy by the fresh breeze. She felt she has been sent in another world; so that she didn’t noticed she was being watched.

-Wonderful, isn’t it?

She jumped.

-You…

-Pagan Min, king of Kyrat and also king of style. Pleased to meet you! And you are?

Aliya answered shooting him a black look.

-Well…very eloquent! You certainly wonder why I took you here…why…I didn’t shot you with the others…

-…

-I found the idea of killing such a beautiful young lady like you would be a huge waste.

During his speech, Aliya followed him with her eyes with a mix of hate and consternation: why those pink clothes? And what is with his hair? Is it carnival time?? However, something made her ill-at-ease…the aura this eccentric man was emanating was particular…dangerous…fascinating.

-…and which bring us to now.

-…

-Oh, please, talk to me, don’t let me converse alone.

-You’ve killed my friend…in front of me!!

In a surge of anger, she ran toward the dictator to hit him. He did a movement in such a way that she ended up plated against the wall, one of her arm bent on her back…and a kind of pen on her temple.

-Don’t move. I wouldn’t have to pierce this sublime face.

She tries to escape all the same, but man, that guy is freaking strong! Some tears appeared in her eyes.

-You’ve killed Taram!!

-Oh, that miserable monkey didn’t have to defy me. When you betray the king, you have to pay for it with your life.

With his free hand, he pushed the young woman’s hair and made her neck appear. He imprisoned his fingers in the thick hair and kissed her in the neck. The contact with his lips made her shudder.

-If I let go of you, you will keep quiet?

-…

-Come on, be a good girl and answer to my question.

-…Okay.

-Good girl.

He let her go. Aliya took her arm, moaning. She didn’t dare to look at her speaker. The latter went back into the room.

-Ah…women are like roses…so difficult to pick! But all this don’t exclude the fact that I still don’t know your name. So?

He turned round and met the young woman’s eyes, which paralyzed her. After a few seconds, she looked away.

-My name is…Aliya…Aliya Kundravati.

-Aliya…such a splendid name! Well, my dear Aliya, welcome to Kyrat! Ah, don’t move, I’ll be right back!

He praised again the beauty of her name before answering to his phone, going out of the room. When the door was closed, she sat on the sofa, wondering. Would he kill her if she had managed to escape from his ascendency? This made her shake…but not as much as the feeling she had when he kissed her in her neck. Pagan came back and brought her out of her daydream.