Marry my Fiancee

Chapter 1

“So this is it, you really are going?” Aimie mumbled as she slumped herself o my bed.

“Yeah I guess so” I answered back while shoving some dresses on my travelling bag.

“You’re coming back aren’t you?” she asks as she jump unto my bed.

“Of course, you know how I can’t stand staying there even a minute” I glared at her.

Aimie is a vey close friend and my classmate. We are both taking Law classes at Stanford Law School. We literally clicked the first time we met in one of our classes. We knew each other for a year now. She’s one of those few people, oh scratch that, she’s the only person who knows everything about me. Even the slightest details of my life she knew it. I kinda consider her as my best friend even we just knew each other for a year.

“You know, you don’t have to bring your closet over there, your family practically owns Beverly Hills” she hissed while tumbling down on a sitting position.

“Oh gee! Thanks for reminding me of why I run away from them and thanks for giving me reason why I’m changing my mind and not go for once” I snapped quiet pissed with what she said. I am not this touchy in my usual self. It’s just that I’m way too freak out today. No, I was freaking out for the last two weeks of my life after I received that call from Nicky.

“Stop being such a drama queen Nicks, don’t you think its due time for you to face them, I mean you can’t just run away forever and act like they did not mean something on you. At the end of the day they’re your family and no one can replace a definition of family” she recited. Yeah right, searched for the meaning of the words “pep talk” and you’ll find Aimie’s name under it.

She’s also one of the reasons why I came up to this ridiculous plan of packing my soon to be busted ego and show my sorry face to my loving family. Notice the sarcasm guys. No, I’m not actually literally showing up myself to the whole Vanderbeil clan, I was just going to see my twin sister and do a little catch up and that’s it I’m flying back here. But, the thing is this, the minute I step my precious feet in New York’s ground, everybody already knew I was there. Ok, so we don’t really own Beverly Hills but most of the thing inside of it as well as from the other places and countries I don’t even know that exists. Long story short, we’re horrendously rich. At least, that’s before I left them two years ago. I consider myself a beggar now, not literally but compare to what kind of life I can have if I didn’t left, I surely am.

“Great! Thanks for repeating yourselves hundreds of times Aims” I said sarcastically.

“Calm down Nickola, everything’s gonna be okay, cheer up! You’ve already proved yourself to them when you practically walked out of that engagement thing of yours without a heels on so there’s nothing to fuss over” Aimie mumbled while standing up to her feet and walk towards me.

“Plus, you lived, you lived big without them prying over everything about your life and that’s something to brag about” she looked at me with a smile on her lips. Well, she’s always the optimistic one and I am the pessimist. Aimie’s the idealist and me being the realist. That’s merely the reason why we became close to each other. We balanced everything about anything.

“Oh gosh, I wish you were there with me” I whispered as I zip my luggage bag.

“You know I would love to see how posh your family could be but I can’t since my little hot boyfriend won’t let me and I’ve got a job to attend to also” she said turning her back to me and pull my luggage.

“Yeah, Yeah I knew that already” waves her for another round of sermon.

“C’mon I’ll drive you to airport now coz you have a flight to catch in just an hour so better move your sexy ass now”