Dream Place

The rustling sounds of the paper reverberated softly against the walls of his laboratory as he continued writing some equations and diagrams for the next experiment and research that he'll do with Chrome and Kaseki

The rustling sounds of the paper reverberated softly against the walls of his laboratory as he continued writing some equations and diagrams for the next experiment and research that he'll do with Chrome and Kaseki. The stone wars were finally over. Everything was back to normal. Another busy day of preparations in the Kingdom of Science.

Now that he temporarily formed a truce with Tsukasa, he can finally continue his goal of saving the lives of petrified people and pushed forward the civilization towards the era of modernization with the help of science.

So, for the next few days he can see everyone greeting him amid their busy work. Except for one.

The cryptic, viridian eyed archer: Ukyo Saionji. He was quiet, observant and polite. But his thoughts and goals were mostly shrouded by his inscrutable smile. He can never quite figure him out unlike the other people that he observed and studied previously. Despite Ukyo's peaceful reticence and congenial attitude with the others, he was always controlled and his seraphic features were always obscured by his closed off smile and mystifying gaze.

Senkuu now realized how Ukyo could survive a year in the empire of Tsukasa.

His presence intrigued him.

Senkuu finally found him one day sitting at the top of one the oldest and tallest trees in the world. His hat was down on his face while his hands were clasped gently in front of him. He wasn't deceived of his soporific stature as he knew that the sonar man possessed a sharp sense in hearing.

"There you are." He stared up nonchalantly at his direction.

"Do you need something from me Senkuu?" Ukyo's voice is tranquil and unruffled like a wave less water around the sea.

"Do you always relax in strange places?" Senkuu asked instead as he stared up at the male who was sitting comfortably in one of trunks of the tree with an arched brow and curious gaze.

"They're more quiet and peaceful. Unlike in some places that has too much noise and distraction." Ukyo finally took off his hat from his face and smiled serenely at him.

There's that smile again that Senkuu couldn't decipher the meaning behind. Senkuu prided on himself on being able to observe and study the people around him to decipher the true nature of their characters. That's one of the reasons why he could see through Tsukasa's hidden nature and radical but dangerous beliefs early on their meeting in the past. But with Ukyo, he couldn't quite get a thorough read on him. That damn smile and pleasant voice seemed to be plaster on his face regardless if he's upset or not. No wonder he ended up as one of the right-hand man of Tsukasa alongside with Hyoga. That kind of characteristics would work well for him as a double agent in the future. And he was certainly toying with that kind of idea at the back of his mind.

"Sensory overload." He replied simply.

"Hmm?" Ukyo gave him a quizzical look.

"Because of your insane hearing sonar man. You need something to prevent that and it might affect your performance in the future if we just leave it be. And that's why I'm looking for you. C'mon." Senkuu turned around and began walking away, not waiting to see his reaction.