"I made dinner," the fake pout in her voice had an edge to it, "it'll get cold..."

"I'm sorry, babe. I'll be as quick as possible," you make a turn towards one of your stashes downtown.

"Ok... I can't wait to see you. I think we should talk..."

"Oh yeah," you scan traffic to make sure you're not being followed, "about what?"

"Our future," all fake niceness is gone from her voice, "I think it's time to make some decisions."

"I couldn't agree more. I'll be home soon," you return the tone, the tension between you thick.

"I can't wait," she hums, before hanging up.

"Fuck," you hiss, hitting the steering wheel, "I'm gonna enjoy killing that bitch..."

_______________________________

The sound of your shoulder popping out of place as you land against the stairs causes you to grunt in pain and grit your teeth. The sharp pain in your chest reveals that Kehlani's bullet hit your vest, and she looks infuriated. She aims for your head this time, but you kick against her knee, earning a shout of pain, and you push her back, knocking the gun from her hand. With a muffled shout you pop your shoulder back into place and press on, pinning her to the ground. Your fist collides with her jaw, and she cries out as a spray of blood leaves her mouth on impact. You pull out the knife you'd stashed in your belt loops, but before you can grasp it, she elbows you between the legs and you are stunned.

It's all she can do to push you off, and then you dive for your discarded gun. You turn towards her, and she already has hers pointed right at you. You move and she takes a shot, getting you in your arm. You ignore the pain and tackle her. Your gun is pointed at her head and hers is pressed against your rib, right at your heart. You hesitate, and she jams her knee between yours, flipping you.

"If I had known it was you I was trying to kill for the last year you would already be dead," she hissed, gun to your forehead.

That catches your attention. You look up at her and her eyes send a stab of pain through your heart. So she hadn't known? It was just some sick twist of fate...

You are suddenly brought 5 years before in a hotel room in Havana

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

You are suddenly brought 5 years before in a hotel room in Havana. Kehlani smiles at you brightly as you lay above her, leaning down to kiss her. She wraps her arms around you and pulls her in so you're settled in the cradle of her hips.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.