4. Seek the Truth

Start from the beginning

"Find what?" Bucky asked as he stepped over a discarded pair of winged shoes. "Far out Peter it looks like you pissed off one of the wind nymphs! What happened here?!"

"Oh," Peter popped his head up and once he had confirmed it was in fact Bucky standing before him, he went back to his closest to continue searching. "I thought you were Thor..." a nervous laugh leaving his body as a grimace spread over his face. "How's it going? Got a message for someone?"

"Peter, what have you lost?" Bucky crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at the brunette's back.

"I wouldn't say lost per say..." Peter shot up and his hands flew around him as he talked, a distraction that often helped him talk his way out of trouble. "I'd say misplaced more than anything really. I mean is anything really lost or are things just put somewhere and forgotten about? Who's to say? Not me. Nor you! We're not the gods of finding things, are we?! You're the sun god, patron of prophecy and healing," Peter grabbed a lyre that was stuffed in the back of the wardrobe and turned to hold it up to Bucky, "and music!" He threw it over his shoulder and kept searching, at this rate he may as well start tearing up floorboards he'd searched top and bottom and still, no sign of them.

"And you're a thief, what have you lost Hermes?" Bucky had his sneaky suspicions on what the 'misplaced' item could be, but he prayed to Zeus that he was wrong. Peter froze and stood slowly. When he turned to face Bucky, his face was covered in guilt and shame, the boy wore it like a mask, as if he'd been caught stealing from mum's purse...or worse...his father's.

"A pair of winged sandals...you haven't seen any, have you? I have uh," he counted the ones spread across the floor, remembered to count the pair on his feet, the ones that had landed in the bookcase and the one left shoe that was floating in the corner of the ceiling. "Fourteen I have fourteen, but I SHOULD have fifteen. I seem to have misplaced a pair..."

Bucky looked around the room until his eyes landed on the small daffodil that poked out the side of Peter's shoe shelf. "I think I have an inkling as to where they've flown off to. Care to take a trip down under with me?"

The gates of the Underworld were massive in size and daunting in appearance

The gates of the Underworld were massive in size and daunting in appearance. A mix of obsidian and black metal twisted together to form the vines that covered it. The gate dripped with gold, Steve wasn't sure if it was blood of gods who dared try to pass the gates or a warning to those who thought to try. He settled on the fact that it was probably a nod to Hades also being the patron of riches. Wanda guided him closer to the gates and as she neared, they opened for her.

"Where are all the souls?" Steve asked, it was eerily quiet for the entrance to the Underworld, he figured it would be full of wandering souls but all he could see were the ports of the five rivers and the only souls being the ones who swam the rivers until their debt was paid.

"Thanatos looks after them once Charon brings them down, you thought they'd be waiting here?"

"Well, it just makes sense?"