Prologue

Hi all! This is going to be such a fun story to write so get ready for some juicy stuff to happen. Also TW because this could get dark, I don't know how yet, but when I write the chapters, I'll be sure to put another TW :)

This is in a weird pov and I haven't read another fanfic like it but when it says "I" it means you. Also y/n mean your name, you know the drill with others. I feel like my writing will improve throughout writing this so just bear with me! ENJOY!!! (Ron lovers, this goes out to you).

"What do you mean, I can't go with you?", I said, truly shocked and confused. "It's too dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt, I just don't want anything to happen to you." Ron said almost under his breath and regretfully. I knew he wanted me with him because he was just as scared as I was but he wasn't showing it because he didn't want to make me more nervous. "Just trust me, okay? This isn't how I wanted things to happen but it's how they're happening. You can blame Harry for all of this." I almost spoke, but paused before I could get the words out of my mouth. What a cruel thing to say? Harry is his best friend and he's acting like they're mortal enemies. But then I realized he was wearing the locket. That old Slytherin locket that we couldn't figure out how to destroy, and made anyone, yet especially Ron, insanely toxic. In the past, Ron has had troubles keeping his temper down because he was best friends with the chosen one and I think always felt as he was in Harry's shadow, living in the dark. It didn't help that he is most stereotypically the middle child in his family, picked on by the older brothers, and always blamed by Ginny. The attention was never on him.

But let's go all the way back to 1991, a year I love and hate. I love it for the people and experiences it's brought me, but it turned dark. A kind of dark in which it's hard to even speak it out loud. Sometimes I wish I never would've gone to that bloody school.

I've never been the brightest. At least that's what I feel deep down. I've only ever thought that my looks were the only thing going for me, and that's what my parents told me my whole life. When I was eight years old, my mother told me, "You know, you're around Prince William's age, maybe he'll fancy you when you're older." Something about that I didn't like very much because I always wanted more than to marry rich. I always had things handed down to me, as my father was a top Financial Director. But I'd always felt different and my family sure made it seem that way because whenever I would tell them stories that would happen in primary school or adventures I would have, they would simply dismiss it. And I know what you're thinking, that money can buy happiness and that I should've been grateful when I was young, but the truth is, all my childhood gave me was a serious vanity issue, the constant need to please others, wanting to feel valid all the time, and being too hard on myself. Everything seem never changing until I got the letter.

This chapter was very short but after all, it was just a little intro to our character and her whole situation. More chapters coming!!