You could think that she was used to it, after being a maledictus for almost her whole life you could think she wouldn't feel anything. But she did, a piece of her soul always broke seeing the life being sucked out of someone. And Ophelia craved that feeling, the feeling of guilt which was for her an important part of what she hoped to be her

Humanity.

She slowly stood up after a few more minutes on the ground, she quickly started walking further away from the empty part of the camping and to the more crowded part. Her pace got faster and faster until she was once again running.

She didn't dare to look back afraid of what she's seen, she didn't notice the person who was standing directly in front of her as she bumped right into them. She fell to the ground and groaned at the impact, glancing up she was met by the eyes of James Potter. It was really not Ophelais day today, 'what a birthday' she thought.

James's eyes widened when he saw the girl on the ground, he quickly reached out to her with his arm and pulled her to her feet.

"I'm so sorry, you okay?" he asked the girl, she looked at him with a panicked expression, she nodded quickly before starting to walk away again. James was about to reach out for her again, he didn't want a minor to be running around alone in the chaos by herself, his actions were interrupted by his wife's voice calling for him. He looked back at where Ophelia had been and noticed that she was long gone.

He sighed before starting to run in the direction of his wife's voice.

---

Ophelia was standing in the wood safe from the chaos by the camping grounds, she sighed before quickly pulling her headphones out from he pocket. She put the two earplugs in each of her ears as 'home' started playing in her ears. Her earplugs were hidden under her hoodie so no one would question it. She lowered her head with her eyes closed, she focused on the tune, the world, and the melody of the song.

The panic started fading a little, not entirely but enough so she wouldn't accidentally turn. She didn't notice footsteps nearing her as she focused on her breathing. She was tho interrupted from her meditation as someone tapped her on her shoulder.

She looked up and was met by the familiar hazel eyes, James Potter was standing in front for with all his glory, behind him stood the rest of the Potter clan watching the duo anxiously. Ophelia raised an eyebrow at the adult, she slowly pulled out her right earplug and paused the music.

"Were you listing to music?" he asked confused, she nodded with a blank expression,

"Yes" she answered quickly and a little shyly, she avoided eye contact by looking at a tree behind her, Ophelia hated eye contact, people say it's 'the window of your soul' and Ophelia had no intentions of showing anyone her dark soul.

"In this situation, really?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow, Ron rolled his eye from behind James and whispered a small 'I told you so' top the rest of the group. Ophelia had heard him but decided to ignore it.

"Music makes me relaxed" she answered with a small shrug. James smiled gently at the shy girl, she clearly had some attitude but was visibly not the social kind of person.

"Where're your parents?" he asked her, she looked up at the man and then averted her eyes to the ground quickly.

"Dunno" she shrugged imply while watching the unusually interesting ground. James furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he shared a confused glance with his family and averted his eyes at the black-haired girl.

"Doesn't that concern you?" he asked her with raised eyebrows. Ophelia sighed deeply before meeting the eyes of James Potter. James was a little taken back seeing her eyes, he could see his own eyes in hers, they held the same hazel color tho her eyes were duller as if they had lost all their life.

"Not really," she said with a deep sig while burying her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

"Well where did you see them last?" he asked, he really wanted to help the girl who had clearly lost sight of her family because of the earlier event. Sadness seemed to seep thru the girl's eyes,

"Don't know, never met them" she said with a small shrug. James's eyes went wide and he looked back at his own family who had similar expressions.

"But what about your family?" Hermione asked the older girl, Ophelia looked over at the younger girl and once again shrugged.

"Don't have one, never did, never will, I'm kinda bound to be alone" she said simply, but anyone could hear the hidden sadness behind those words. James looked a the girl with sympathy, he couldn't imagine a life without his family.

"Then how did you afford the tickets?" Ron asked with a raised brow, Hermione slapped his arm because of his bluntness, Ophelia rolled her eyes at the rude redhead.

"Not that it's any of your business but I got it as a birthday present, which just happens to be today, and I can't wait for it to be done, so if you'll excuse me," she said while starting to step away from the family. James stopped her by putting a hand on her arm but she flinched away as if he was about to hit her or something. Worry filled James's eye noticing the action.

"Well do you need help to get home?"Lily asked kindly, Ophelia seemed to be a little taken back by her kindness, she looked as if she was debating on it inside her head, but realization flashed in her eyes dan she quickly shook her head no. She looked down at her hand and let out a small chuckle.

"No, that's alright, wouldn't want you guys to be seen with slimy snakes, am I right?" she said with sarcasm lacing her voice. Before they could answer, she put her earbuds back in and walked away from the group, leaving them silent.

James was curious about this girl with who he felt so much familiarity.