[𝟏𝟗]. let go

Start from the beginning

[LIYUE HARBOR]

"Venti, you must drink some water. Your voice is wavering," Zhongli came out of his residence at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, a cup of water in his hands as he handed it to the bard.

"Ehe! Why thank you, Mr. Zhongli!"

The bard chuckled, gratefully chugging the cup of water as the consultant's gaze did not tear off the green-clad male.

"Why are you performing so much? Shouldn't you have enough funds for wine?" Zhongli asked bluntly, observing the overflowing coin pouch that sat beside Venti.

"I do!..." Venti trailed off, looking away from the consultant, "...but I'm not doing this for wine."

"So why?"

Venti smiled.

"It's a secret!"

[MT. TIANHENG]

"Hello, my liege! I am Xingqiu, disciple of the Guhua Cla—"

"Guhua Clan?" [Y/N] deadpanned, shocked that that still existed. The fact that it wasn't even founded by Guhua was quite strange, though.

"Yes! You've heard of it?" The boy's orange eyes twinkled, mouth etched into the widest smile imaginable as the adeptus cleared her throat bashfully.

"Uh... yeah."

"Incredible! Not many people know of it, since it is a declining clan, but to know you, my liege, knows it! You must be well-versed in the history of Liy—"

Aether popped into the conversation.

"Xingqiu? That's your name?"

"Yes! I know you, Traveler! And I'm here to ask to go exploring with you! Whenever I'm free, of course. Brother wouldn't be so pleased to find out I've been sneaking out..." Xingqiu scratched his cheek, an exasperated smile on his face.

The blonde lit up.

"Really? I could use a hydro vision, actually. Thanks!"

"No problem!"

Ah, youth, you closed your eyes thoughtfully, arms crossed over your chest as you swooned at the thought of the younger generation traveling Teyvat like how you had previously done.

How cute!

[LIYUE HARBOR]

"Um, excuse me?" A new voice grabbed the bard's attention as he turned over, facing a young man with pale blue hair and matching eyes. On his belt was a flashy cryo vision, supporting his baggy white pants and pearl garments.

"Yes?" Venti tilted his head, taking note of the boy's traditional exorcist clothing, revealing his very obvious occupation.

"Have you seen Tea Master Liu? He usually runs this place, right?" He shuffled nervously side to side, fiddling with his fingers under the archon's azure gaze.

"Ah, I'm taking over for him temporarily! Would you like to hear a poem while you're here, though?" Pointing very obviously at his coin pouch, the bard smiled charmingly once the icy boy nodded, sitting down at a nearby table almost immediately.

"Yes, please. Do you perhaps have any stories about the Vigilant Yaksha?" He asked, eyes sparkling with excitement before quickly taking out a popsicle that matched his frosty hair.