(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) dog bite

Start from the beginning

Athena often dreaded going back, not because she disliked it but because it was always the same. The same days, the same lessons. There was nothing more she could learn about the subject she taught, every aspect had been covered and nothing surprised her.

However this year so far had been completely different. She felt now that Harry was here, the world was changing. Athena hoped it was for the better yet the nagging voice in her mind seemed to speak otherwise.

Entering the school, she followed the familiar path that she knew well with bag in hand. To many, this school was a maze however Athena could close her eyes and still manage to find her way around. It came with the perks of working there for so long.

She hurried up the staircases, aching to put her bag down in her room and fall back into her office chair a mug of tea in hand. She was flustered from the early May sun, her cheeks a dull red and her hair a wispy mess.

As Athena turned into the corridor leading her up to the astronomy tower, she saw two familiar faces walking towards her from the other direction. Harry and Hermione walked in perfect unison, the steps correlating with one another. Hermione had a bundle of books in her arms, Harry was the first to spot Rena and gave her a sheepish smile as the two hurried over.

"Rena! You're back" Harry beamed, "did you have a good Easter?"

"Yes it was good thank you, what about you two, have you had a good time?"

"An eventful time" Hermione huffed, causing Athena to frown.

"Ignore her, she's just talking about work" Harry shrugged, "Easter was good! I got loads of work done"

"Sure you did" Hermione muttered,

"Where's Ron? It's weird seeing just two of you"

"Ron's in the hospital wing" Hermione replied casually, "we were on our way to visit him now"

"The hospital wing?" Athena gasped out, "what on Earth happened"

"Nasty bite" Harry nodded slowly, "he's fine, should be out tomorrow"

"Right" Athena murmured while sounding unconvinced, "and what bit him?"

"A dog" Hermione jumped in before Harry could open his mouth, "a dog bit him"

"Yeah a dog"

"A dog?" Athena looked between them, "you wouldn't be talking about one with more than one head would you?"

"Of course not!" Harry shook his head, "we aren't that stupid"

"Well some of us aren't" Hermione added, "if that dog had bitten Ron there'd only be half of him left"

"Fair point but I'm still not convinced you lot haven't been up to something"

"We haven't!" Harry exclaimed.

"Right" Athena frowned, "well I'll come see Ron for myself, being bitten by a dog mustn't have been nice"

"No he reacted rather badly to it" nodded Hermione as the three of them turned and set off towards the hospital wing.

None of them said a word until they entered the ward, Madame Pomfrey was standing over a different bed belonging to a non ginger. Ron on the other side was nursing his arm in a sling. His hand was heavily bandaged and Athena could immediately tell that this wasn't a normal injury.

"Rena" Ron grinned lazily, it was obvious that being in the hospital wing suited him well. The boy seemed relaxed and Athena could tell that his joyous mood simmered as Hermione dropped the stack of books onto his bedside table.