Lorenzo greets the both of them and soon, we all get assigned to different works.

"You guys work here?" Lorenzo asked as he tied my apron.

"Well, our parents felt that we should understand dignity of labour so when we had vacations or holidays, we would either have to work part time here or serve as an intern or a personal assistant at the company" I explained and he nodded his head before mouthing a 'cool'.

Jared, Aaron, Mary and Natasha were assigned to help by serving as waiters and waitresses, Vinnie was helping out the head decorator, Juli was in charge at the counter and Lorenzo and I were gonna help Lawrence, the head baker.

We actually had tons of workers but during festive seasons, they weren't enough for the massive amount of people who ordered their Christmas cakes and cookies while many came here for coffee dates.

Lorenzo and I got to work. We made the batter for vanilla cakes, then we made gingerbread cookies.

Honestly speaking, working with Lorenzo was like working with a kid.

I always had to redo things after Lorenzo. He had dropped the cake batter, messed up the cookie dough but we still managed to complete our work.

And for once, I didn't feel like a contract wife. I don't know about him, but we didn't seem to be a contract couple.

We were like any other couple who were madly in love.

"Y'know this is actually fun" Lorenzo said as we both took a break while the cakes and cookies were baking.

"You like it?" I ask him.

"I love it. It's so much fun! We need to bring my siblings here next time" Lorenzo broke a huge smile and I nodded my head in agreement.

I got back to my phone, swiping through Instagram when I felt Lorenzo's eyes on me.

"What? Do I have anything on my face?" I ask because he was looking at me so intently.

"No" He said.

"I just-" Lorenzo didn't even continue with his sentence, instead his eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and back and forth before slowly cupping my face with his hands.

I stared into his eyes and felt myself drowning in them. He caressed my cheeks with his hands bit by bit, before bending forward to claim my lips.

He leaned down and pressed his soft, luscious lips against mine, making my eyes flutter shut as our lips molded together in perfect symphony. His lips moved against mine in heart clenching passion, making me forget where we were and what we were doing.

I felt tingles as we kissed but I couldn't back off. Thank God, I was sitting or my legs might have given up too. My hands move up to tangle in the dark strands of his hair as he kissed me fervently. He bit my lower lip gently before he parted them which I gave him full permission to, allowing him to taste my mouth.

His tongue darted out, trailing my lips with deep desire, building up a moan inside of me until we were interrupted by the oven's timer.

Ding!

We quickly pull apart, our breaths were uneven as we breathed heavily.

"I'm-I'm gonna go help Juli at the counter. I'll get someone here to help you" I excused myself before running off to the bathroom.

Calm down, Natalie. What is wrong with you?

How did you even enjoy the kiss?

Didn't you want your next kiss to be at the end of the contract when you find your own true love?

I mentally scolded myself before putting on a calm expression like I always do, even in matters of deep tension.

"Jules, wanna take a break? I'll handle it here" I offer as Juli does some calculations.

"I'm good. Why don't you be with Lorenzo?" Juli said.

We just kissed and I'm too embarrassed, I can't see him.

Is that what I should reply?

"Why are you blushing all of a sudden?" Juli looked confused.

"I'm- We- I.... Never mind, I'll go back" I said in a defeated tone before going back to the room where Lorenzo was.

"Let's start piping the cake" I said, completely ignoring Lorenzo while grabbing the cake fillings, fondant and other toppings.

"Nat- I-" Lorenzo started but I cut him off.

"Let's finish quickly. I'm already too tired" I said and Lorenzo said nothing further as I taught him how to do things step by step.

We were almost done when Lorenzo pulls me into his chest again.

"Why're you like this? Why do you try to get away from me everytime?" Lorenzo said, looking me into the eye.

"I- I'm saving myself from getting my heart broken" I said, wiggling out of his arms and running off outside.