Tomioka lowered his head. "That's too much flattery, Okayata-sama. There are countless slayers more powerful than me. I couldn't save my sister. Not even my own comrade."

"Then save one right now." Okayata said. "Kochou is a formidable slayer, but both of you together create a force that is near invincible. I want her to return alive. That is why I ask you to go down this path together."

Giyuu paused for a moment, then dropped on his knees and bowed. "If it is your wish, Okayata-sama, I will gladly grant it."

"Indeed you will." Okayata said as he slowly walked away, leaving Giyuu to his own thoughts.

Shinobu said her goodbyes to everyone. Aoi, Kanao, Tanjiro, Zentisu, Inosuke, the girls. She also said her goodbyes to her fellow Hashiras. Most of them were upset. Some were indifferent.

And then there was Mitsuri.

"NoOoOoO pLeAaAsE dOn'T gO! I'll be so miserable without you!"
Mitsuri yelled as she squeezed Shinobu in her arms.

Shinobu looked at Misturi. "Don't worry. I'll be fine, and you'll be fine, and we'll see each other again."

Mitsuri stared for a moment, then sobbed uncontrollably. Shinobu pitied her, and wiped her tears away.

"I promise. I'll come back with a box of sweets."

Mitsuri's face lit up, then she proceeded to squeeze the life out of Shinobu again.

"PlEaSe GeT sOmE rIcE cAkEs ToO, sHiNoBuuuuuuuu!"
Shinobu grit her teeth, her ribcage couldn't handle any more love hugs. "For Kami's sake, Kanroji!"

. . .

It was late at night. Shinobu was busy packing. Walking to Mitsue would require a lot more than just a few biscuits. She was packing lots of things, bentos, money, her wisteria-

Her wisteria.

Shinobu looked at the wisteria thoughtfully. Now that she was out to kill Douma, she knew her life was coming to an end.

But what if it doesn't work?

She shook her head and consumed double the amount she usually takes. It tasted awful, and her health would deteriorate, but it wouldn't matter.

She was gonna die anyway.

All these thoughts were interrupted when she heard footsteps. She turned around. It was Giyuu. He looked like he barely packed anything.

"We go by midnight."

Shinobu raised her head, surprised, then giggled like a child. "Ara, ara, Tomioka-san. You actually spoke first in a conversation!"

Giyuu kept silent.

Shinobu sighed in sarcastic disappointment. "And here I thought we were getting somewhere..."

She stood up and stepped out to look back at the Butterfly Estate.

"Looks like I won't be seeing you ever again."

"Huh?"

Shinobu turned. Giyuu spoke again. This was a relatively rare occurence. The only time he ever spoke up was when it concerned demons, or if they were talking about fallen comrades.

"What do you mean by 'ever again'?"

Dammit. Shinobu thought. He can't know about the wisteria.

Shinobu cleared her throat, then smiled. "Ah, I just said that in case I die on this mission. It's not like I actually wanna die, it's just..."

Giyuu turned away. "Oh."

Close call.....

The pair set off to the roads, lit up from the moonlight.

END OF CHAPTER 2

Well, this was a doozy to write.
Leave your thoughts in the comments! I really want to know your opinions on this.

Sayonara!
-Mr. Veyrum