"This is going to be a disaster."

We followed our parents out the door and made our way across the street from where Chris's family lived. Good thing about this was the fact that we haven't moved since I moved out. As we made it further towards their home, Chris's mom, Lisa, stepped out.

"Was it that bad already?" My dad blurted out. Reed and I couldn't contain ourselves as we laughed and our mother looked at us with beady eyes. Immediately we stopped as we looked back up at Lisa. I considered Lisa another mother, someone I could always rely on when I didn't have my own mother to help me out. She always thought Chris and I were going to end up with each other in the end. Everyone thought that. Turns out everyone was sadly wrong.

"I love Chris, but god I can't stand her." Lisa mumbled, getting off the porch and making her way to hug Reed and I. She grabbed onto my shoulders and looked at me. "God, how can you handle her?" She asked and I shrug.

"It's a disguise."

Her and my mom end up chatting as the party makes its way inside. As soon as I walk through those doors, Shanna and Carly give me a huge hug along with Reed. I could feel Chris's stare on me, but I didn't want to look at him with her around his arm. Not in this moment I couldn't. The stare was so harsh, but I had to keep avoiding it.

Eventually I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around seeing Chris. "You can't ignore me forever." He joked as he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back as all the sudden I felt Sawyer's death glare on me. I hugged him back lightly, pulling away and nudging him. "I am not ignoring you! I was chatting with Shanna and Carly!"

Sawyer clears her throat as if she wants to be recognized that she is present. C'mon Reece. Play it cool. Be the better person, would you? I looked over at Sawyer. Her blonde silky hair was perfectly curled along with the white jumper and sandals she was wearing. "Hi Sawyer, you look pretty." I compliment her and she lets out a fake laugh.

"Well, you don't look too bad yourself! You clean up!"

This is going to be a long night of me biting my tongue.

The engagement party had been running smoothly. Chris tried his best to mingle with everyone who had showed up while Reed, Scott and I watched from a distance. "God, look at her." Scott mumbled, holding his red solo cup. "Could you believe that she asked my mom to get new sheets for Chris's room because she wanted clean sheets?"

"Shut up, that's not true." Reed mumbled, sipping on his drink.

"I wish it wasn't, you should of seen the look on my moms face," Scott tells us. "She almost beat the living daylights out of her. But she didn't want to upset Chris. It's like walking around eggshells when she's around. I hate it." I turned slightly to get a better look at Chris and Sawyer. Her arm was tightly around his waist, while he held onto hers. It made me sick, it didn't feel right.

"Reece?" My eyes darted back towards Reed and Scott who were looking at me with much concern. "You alright?" Reed asked. "You look like you saw a ghost."

"I'm fine." I lied, and they didn't ask anymore questions. Scott was giving me a look though, and I couldn't help but feel jealous. She was everything I wasn't. If Sawyer walked into a room, all heads would turn towards her. Me on the other hand? Invisible.

"Dinner is ready everyone!" Lisa yelled out to all the guests. I sighed as I realized I had to eat dinner with both of them. I didn't even have an apatite to eat at all. As all the guests approached the big table in the backyard where everything was being served, I felt a nudge. I looked beside me to see Scott, giving me a hopeful smile.