[𝚘𝚜] - 𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎

“𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒 𝚍𝚘

“𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒 𝚍𝚘. 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒 𝚍𝚘. ”

- 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐳𝐲

 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・

“maybe if we like-- add another tablespoon—”

“katsuoboshi flakes.” inumaki shook his disapprovingly, motioning a thumbs down motion as he settled the small metal bowl on the wooden table. a visible pout formed on your lips, obviously quite disappointed at how dense he was. 

“but the recipe said another drop?” you complained, reaching your arm out towards his and halting him from reaching the further ingredients. inumaki shook his head once again, pulling you a tad bit closer towards him. his finger grazed the recipe book, your eyes following obediently. you stared the recipe down below you: 

10 pieces of eggs, a can of condensed milk, a cup of granulated sugar, a cup of fresh milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. 

after scanning through the ingredients, you'd looked at inumaki with a slight roll of your eyes. for goodness sake, he couldn't even make a bit of adjustments to the recipe! 

“come on, toge, just another scoop, please? i want it extra sweet!” now whining, you reached towards the sugar in hopes of wanting to add more. you wanted the dessert to be extra sweet, though inumaki clearly disagreed as he reached for the glass of sugar and placed it away from you. he shook his head, completely ignoring the way your eyes glimmered slightly. 

as much as he'd really like to cave in to your desires of adding in more sugar, this was also his first time following a recipe, he'd be pretty damned if the flan came out as a mess because of that small added tablespoon of sugar you desired. so, he placed the glass of sugar above one of the cabinets you couldn't reach and proceeded to read the recipe book like normal. 

cursing under you breath slightly, you decided to let it go for now. you stood beside the taller man, feeling slightly betrayed and disheartened upon his ignore of your request. inumaki sensed this, and he willingly stopped the ingredients to place a gentle hand of yours. you  made contact with his eyes and immediately, you softened. shaking your head gently, you chuckled. ”what's next on the list?” you'd asked, letting go of the slight tantrum. you knew inumaki would have allowed you to add another spoon of sugar next time you repeated the recipe; it was just that your sweet tooth really could not be contained at the current moment. 

inumaki smiled gently, now heating up the stove, spreading the melted sugar on the molds more thoroughly. it had smelled weird upon your nostrils, the scent was a mix of different ingredients, one being the melted sugar on the round pans atop the stove, and the other being the aroma of the beat up eggs and milk combined together. 

nevertheless, you never complained. after all, the both of you were still just experimenting.

“i think we're all ready now?” you'd said, grabbing hold of the wooden spoon and mixing the caramel mixture out of sugar. inumaki stood beside you, arms in his waist as he nodded. in all honesty, he looked cute. though you wouldn't really want to admit it in front of his face in fear of embarassing him, he did in fact looked adorable with a pink apron hanging around his neck.

it was your mom's, and you had the idea of placing it onto him; you sure did not regret your decision. “bonito flakes.” inumaki whispered, turning off the stove and waiting for the caramel to cool down a bit.

while cooling, he faced you with a small smile on his face. you did the same, and suddenly, it became a staring contest. not a competition, just something friendly that soon got both of you laughing your ass off.

“let's dance?” you surprisingly inquired, copying his gesture of putting your hands around your waist. inumaki raised his brow but he got what you were pointing at, extending his arms outwards for you to position then with him.

and you did. you placed your left hand around his right shoulder, his right hand centered at your waist, and the remaining hands intertwined like an arrow.

you licked your lips slightly, giving him a tiny smirk as you proceeded to pull him further away from the kitchen, humming along a familiar tune. 

“why, why does this have to be a fantasy~” you dragged him around the floor, twisting and turning around as inumaki could only stare at your singing figure, adoration entrapping his features. though from the outside, he looked like he didn't care, his insides were burning with love and pure care.

it was like a replacement for the prom the both of you never got to have because of the pandemic, but this one was more precious and different.

his giggles resonated throughout the room and this boosted you further, “let's make our love become reality~”

you continued on singing the rest of the lyrics with inumaki following your every movement. rather, he was just getting dragged; he didn't mind all that much. he got to stare at your face for a couple of seconds unnoticed, and he even got to hear your singing.

though the staring came to a halt once the couple of words remaining from the chorus had left your lips and you startled to settle down with a sigh, much to his dismay. “i think the caramel's ready, let's go check, yeah?” you said, pulling him back into the kitchen.

inumaki nodded, wordlessly following along. as the both of you came to a stop in front of the stove, he saw how you briefly glanced over the recipe book once again, deciphering what to do next.

and once he felt as if you were well aware of the next couple steps or so and wouldn't make any more adjustments to the recipe, he wrapped his arms around your waist from behind and placed his head at your shoulder.

a sudden squeak, as well as a laugh escaped your lips as you followed along the procedure. coat the mold with sugar, and add in yolk and milk mixture.

“what's up toge?” you felt toge shrug beneath you, tightening his grip around your waist and cuddling closer to your neck. it had felt warm and cozy there, inumaki couldn't help but sigh softly at the fresh perfume you'd used; it was his favourite.

you chuckled softly, patting the side of his head and giving it a small peck, a gesture he found interest in to return. and so, he gave you a peck back, this time on your cheek.

“i love you too.” you had whispered, feeling that his actions reciprocated those words. toge nodded, pecking your neck one last time and whispering a small okaka.

needless to say, the flan the both of you had made turned out to be a success.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊  ┊   ☆ ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊   ✬       ✬   ┊   ┊

┊  ★              ★    ┊

☆                     ☆

so sorry if there's any grammar mistakes or errors!! i did this at 3am out of the blue and i was pretty hazy as fuck lol.

also, do you know what dessert inumaki and reader made?  it's a pretty famous filipino dessert, it's one of my favourite.

but anyways, tell me what you think of this oneshot down in the comments as i love hearing your thoughts and opinions!!