needles

you lied in bed, stressing over your appointment with an employee of the lucas clinic, who would be taking your blood. you had never sold to the lucas clinic before, let alone sold to any of the virus selling companies. needles absolutely petrified you. but your fan base was getting smaller and smaller each day, and you could only hope that this would revive it. a knock was heard from the other side of the door and your stomach dropped. your assistant scurried over to open it. a tall man stood in the doorway.

  "syd march. i'm with the lucas clinic." your breath hitched in your throat. your assistant led the man over to your bedside, where you got a closer look at him. he was absolutely stunning. his red hair was tied back which allowed you to get a good look at his face. his eyes were gorgeous, you could stare into them all day. he caught you staring at him and you quickly looked away.

  he set his bag down on the bedside table and pulled a pair of white latex gloves out of it. he then pulled out the needle. you started to squirm. syd noticed your struggle and his face softened.

  "you scared of needles?" he asked, a sympathetic but slightly amused look on his face. you nodded and blushed from embarrassment. he set it down on the tray that was sitting on the nightstand. he motioned for you to give him your arm and you complied. you looked into his eyes again, almost getting lost in them before you snapped back into reality by the sound of syd's voice.

  "it'll only hurt a pinch, you'll be fine." he reassured. you took a deep breath in. he slowly inserted the needle into your arm and you flinched a little. you looked anywhere but your arm, not wanting to see the blood that was filling the barrel, your blood. the thought of it made you sick to your stomach. syd took the syringe out of your arm and put the barrel into a canister. he taped a cotton ball onto the place where the needle was inserted. he then started to pack up his things.

  "thank you, ms. l/n for choosing us to work with. i hope that we may see you again." he thanked you and started to walk away.

  "wait!" you yelled, a little too loud. he turned around and cocked his head slightly.

  "could i get your cell number?" the words flowed out of your mouth as one big word.

  "pardon?" he asked, wondering if you could repeat yourself.

  "your personal cell number. can i maybe have it?" your voice was a mix of hopeful and nervous. a smile tugged at syd's lips as he jotted down his number on a notebook that was lying on the nightstand.

  "i hope to see you soon." he said, before exiting the room. after he left you cheered and did a little happy dance. you were excited to see him again, see his nice blue eyes again.