16. In Pursuit of a chance

Start from the beginning

“Huh… haan..?” She replied coming back to the present.

“You coming?”

“Amm… you continue… I will meet you in the cafe directly.” Latika nodded and left.

She took a deep breath and continued to walk ignoring him.

Arnav who was leaning on his car and checking his mails, looked up to check if Khushi came out yet or not. There she was walking away without even sparing him a glance.

He took off his goggles immediately and keeping his mobile in the pocket, he rushed towards her.

“Khushi..!” He called but she didn't stop.

“Khushi! Please…. Listen!” He picked up his pace to match hers.

“What is it Mr. Raizada?” She snapped, turning towards him suddenly. He stumbled back.

“Khushi…. I want to talk to you please….” He requested.

“And what is exactly left to talk?”

“Khushi….” He sighed. She didn't show any sign of sobering up.

“By the way, why are you here? When did you come Lucknow?”

“I came here, yesterday night. For you. To be with you. I-”

“What if I say I don't want you to be with me? Hmm?” She asked, interrupting him.

“Fine! In your opinion, what should I do?” He asked, hanging on the last thread of patience.

‘Even if she denies to talk, this much interaction is enough for today, or else I might mess up.’ He warned himself.

“What do YOU think you should do?” She fired back.

“Well, to be honest-”

“You know what would be the best….? You forget me and I, you!” He frowned.

“You know, that's not what I am gonna do!” She was going to retort back but she spotted Latika coming back.

“You need to leave! Now!” She ordered him.

“But-”

“Now!” She growled.

“Fine!” He didn't understood her behaviour but agreed not wanting to piss her off anymore.

She kept looking at his retreating figure, wishing Latika didn't see two of them together. She with ‘The ASR’.

“Khushi!! I was waiting for you! What took you so long?” Latika asked annoyed as she came near Khushi.

“Amm… I got a call from Jiji… ” She made up, stuttering.

“Oh..! Okay. Did you saw that guy…?” Latika whispered looking towards Arnav, who just sat in the car.

“Amm.. haan.…” She agreed, frowning at her friend.

“He looks so good man! Oh gosh! He doesn't look like a professor to me… what do you think he was doing outside the college?” Latika spoke, completely in awe of Arnav as they started walking towards cafe.

“Don't be so happy okay! He was here to meet his wife!” Khushi blurted out in complete annoyance and jealousy.

“Wife, did you say?” Latika asked confused.

“Amm.. hmm..”

“My bad!” Latika replied, disappointed and kept blabbering while Khushi zoned out.