17. Loving is Not Owning

Start from the beginning

After saying that, Hyun Bin closed his eyes for a moment. He tried to refrain from shedding tears in front of Ye Jin.

It was hard when he decided to let go of Ye Jin. It was as if taking away his life if Ye Jin wanted to move away from his life.

Ye Jin bit her lip. After hearing Hyun Bin, she felt unhappy inside her heart and soul. Her heartfelt like there was pain there.

Is it that easy for Hyun Bin to give up and want to let her go?

"Ye Jin ssi..." Hyun Bin's mellifluous voice startled Ye Jin. But she still didn't courage looking up at Hyun Bin.

"Ye Jin ssi, are you crying?" Hyun Bin tried to peek at Ye Jin's face. She seemed to hide her face.

One second...

Two seconds...

Three seconds...

Ye Jin is still like that.

"Ye Jin ssi, why do you have to cry? Isn't this what you asked for? So that you can go away from my life after this?" Hyun Bin is more confused by the reaction given by Ye Jin.

All he wanted was to give Ye Jin the happiness she desired. He was willing to put his heart aside to protect Ye Jin's heart. But he did not expect to receive this kind of reaction.

Ye Jin is still soundless. Only her hand moved up to stroke her son's tombstone.

"I want to go back, Bin."

"Ye Jin ssi..." Hyun Bin was stunned as soon as Ye Jin got up and was about to pass.

The woman continued her footsteps and left him there with a sad and disappointed heart

Eventually, Hyun Bin let Ye Jin go. He then slowly closed his eyes again. Tears fell down his cheeks.

Maybe he and Ye Jin weren't destined to be together no matter how much effort he had put in. Loving is not owning. He must learn to calm down and accept the destiny written for them.

"Sweetheart, Appa failed. Appa can't afford to make your Eomma happy. Appa is very fond of your Eomma but maybe this is the best for her. Although we are not together, but your Eomma will forever be engraved in Appa's heart, just like you, Jin Woo."

Hyun Bin spoke in his heart as if talking to his son. Everything locked in his heart is expressed in front of Jin Woo's grave, hoping that all the pain in the heart will vanish.

********************************************************************************************

Before returning to Seoul, Hyun Bin desires to visit Mi Kyung Gomo first. Although he and Ye Jin not destined to be together, he should not break the relationship bond formed with Mi Kyung Gomo. Since he was already there, it would be great if he came to visit for a while.