"maybe if you said something smart, i'll start listening to you, miko," you told her, "he'll show up, probably just got... i don't know, he probably forgot there was practice."

the girl put her tongue out at you before discarding her volleyball in the hammock cart, making her way to the side to stretch out her hamstrings.

when no one was looking, you pulled out your phone to hesitantly text semi where he was at.

[16:53]

sorry for texting but
where are you ???

they forced me to
message you bc ur
not responding to ur
messages

annnnndd coach is
getting mad and he
might bench u for ur
game on tuesday against
[high school]

he said he's gonna make
u a ball boy LMAOOOO

i personally would like to
see thatttt !!!

k but where r u

[17:00]

tell them i had to get
something from one of
my teachers and i have
a pass

chill out bruh i'm walking
to the gym rn to hand my
slip

"he said he's coming," you called out, "he just texted me right now," you told them shaking your phone around for them to see.

tendou walked over to you and raised his eyebrow. the redhead looked skeptical making you put your phone in your duffel quickly and give him a raised eyebrow back.

"what?"

the middle blocker put his finger on his chin, rubbing it like some sort of detective, "he responded to you but not wakatoshi-kun?"

"um, i guess so?"

"wwweeeiirrdddd!" taichi said from the corner.

you gave the both a tight-lipped smile before heading back to do some drills tsuna gave. the atmosphere in the gym was light (mostly because semi wasn't there). practice was about to be concluded in 30 minutes and yet the setter hasn't handed in his "pass" that he claimed to have.

frankly, you didn't care if he was benched or not but let's be real, he would whine about it and that would be so annoying.

10 minutes later, the gym door opened. the heads turned to the door and lookey here, semi semi at the door with a sheepish smile. his torso could be seen, but his side and lower body was hidden behind the other door.

ushijima walked over to him to probably talk but the captain said nothing and instead gave him a nod to come in.

semi began, "sorry for being late, i got hold up by my..."

your friend group went over there too. all of their faces were confused as to why he was late to practice.

nakamura furrowed her brows, "hold up by what teacher?"

"ᵐʸ ᵇᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵉᵃᶜʰᵉʳ." he responded lowly and no one could hear except him.

shirabu frowned as he crossed his arms over his chest, "huh? what was that? can you repeat?"

semi gulped and rubbed his nape sort of embarrassingly, "ⁱ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ᵐʸ ᵇᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵉᵃᶜʰᵉʳ!" he said again but yet, no one heard it!

you looked at miko but she merely shrugged and looked back at semi. the setter avoided your eyes and looked around so that no one would question his second response; but obviously that's not how it goes. he got questioned again.

"what are you even saying, semi?" tsuna asked.

"i said my band teacher alright!" semi cracked, "don't ya all see my guitar case over there! yes, i'm in band and yes i play the electric guitar." he expressed.

and in one second, the whole group's palm met their mouth in order to stifle their laughs from the odd confession the boy made.

tendou on the other hand had no shame, he just laughed and giggled at the setter. semi rolled his eyes a couple of times before groaning.

"y-you're a band kid!" the red head laughed.

"shut up! this is why i don't fucking tell you guys anything."

you smirked and chuckled, "okay, band kid."

semi turned around and looked down on you. he smiled sweetly and raised his eyebrows, "i suggest you shut up," he stated, not breaking eye contact.

the way his grayish brown eyes met yours lit up some sort of spark in your body, ultimately sending a fluttery feeling in your stomach. you wondered if the boy in front of you felt it too.

and that was when you realized that his cold words and dreamy eyes were a combo that you would want to witness everyday.

a / n ! :]
i don't rly like this chappy
but it'll make sense soon😩