Anygays, there was a stupid substitute professor in his next class. Human Resources. She was quite the contrast from their actual teacher.

Mr. Dunlap was an old man with a lisp and no soul. Seriously, he had no energy and spoke like he was just ready to drop dead at any second.

Miss Hyon? She was definitely in her mid or late twenties but she didn't look or sound like it. She had a youthful vibe and a cheerful voice. It was a joy to be around her.

Damn, why couldn't she have been their teacher?

Anyways, he just kind of zoned out for the rest of his classes so, if you asked him what he learned that day...

He couldn't tell ya shit.

What he remembered from the day was stumbling across Changlix sucking face in the parking lot during lunch.

That... and Eric screaming out of nowhere, 'I'M GONNA DYE MY HAIR PINK AND NO ONE'S GONNA STOP ME!"

Okay bitch... you're right. Do it. No one's stopping you.

Once the day was over, he made his way to Kevin's car in the front entrance and sat on the hood, patiently waiting for him to arrive.

When that time came, his poor fiance looked so worn out and tired and... sick?

The feeling of concern grew as he got closer and closer and had reached a peak when he stood in front of him.

The brunette looked pale. His lips were dry and he had deep bags beneath his eyes.

All Jacob felt in that moment was worry, "Kev, are you okay?"

He got a grunt in response as well as, "Yeah, fine."

Well lemme tell y'all something. He sounded anything but fine. He sounded like he was dying.

On instinct, Jacob brought his hand to Kevin's forehead and immediately recoiled.

"Holy shit, you're burning up."

Dammit you could probably fry an egg on his forehead, it's fucking sizzling. That fever was raging.

Jacob grabbed the lanyard with keys hanging out of his fiance's sweats, "I'm driving today. You're in no condition to be behind the wheel."

He jumped into the car and as soon as Kevin was situated and buckled up in the passenger seat, he took off.

"Let's get you home, hm?"

He heard a sound of protest, "I have work..."

Jacob scoffed. Really? He's sick and he thinks he has to work?

Hell no. CEO's need a break sometimes too.

"Not today you don't. If you think that I'm letting you go anywhere feeling like you are right now, then you are out of your goddamn mind."

Right now, his health was more important.

No further complaints were made. Kevin may be sick and out of it... but he still knows better than to argue with Jacob Bae.