16. Caught Between Two Stools

Start from the beginning

"His family should have known his bad behaviour a long time ago." Gong Yoo chuckled as if unimpressed by the news that Ye Jin had just told him.

"Oppa, don't be a heartless person! Where is the feeling of empathy in you?" This time Ye Jin's tone turned fierce again.

"For that man, my empathy or sympathy will never be there for him." Gong Yoo's facial expression was so cold. Indeed, his heart is hard. He was the one who saw all the pain and suffering that Ye Jin and his late uncle endured. It won't be that easy for him to forgive Hyun Bin.

"I want you to resign. Get out of his life. Never have anything to do with him after this." Gong Yoo gave instructions to Ye Jin.

"I have resigned." Ye Jin replied.

"That's good." Gong Yoo is delighted. Ye Jin is already aware and not blind to her love for Hyun Bin. At least Ye Jin wasn't naive at first, making a stupid decision to stay next to that useless man.

"But because of Oppa, there are other problems that occur, Oppa, do you know?" Ye Jin attacked again.

"He and his harabeoji are determined want to be responsible to me. Bin wants to marry me." Ye Jin broke the news to Gong Yoo.

"What?! No way! Ye Jin ah, don't ever dare to accept." Gong Yoo objected. He would never agree to that.

"I don't know. If the situation forces me, I may have to agree and accept." Ye Jin's tone was as if surrendered. Maybe she should accept the destiny that has been arranged in her life.

"What are you talking about? Don't do absurd thing, can you? Why do you want to accept a man who has ruined your life?" Gong Yoo's voice was high again. His chest rose in turn. How angry he was with Ye Jin's statement earlier.

"His harabeoji is still unwell and every day he never gets tired of asking me the same thing

"His harabeoji is still unwell and every day he never gets tired of asking me the same thing. I became more and more reluctant to refuse his grandfather's request." Ye Jin let out a long sigh.

The last time she visited Director Kim was yesterday. His situation was getting worse. And the old man did not cease to expect approval from her side.

At first, there was no intention to agree, but now she is more confused and completely wrong. What makes her the most dilemma is the fear in herself.

Ye Jin is scared if the past incidents would happen again. She is unwilling to face it again. It's enough for her late father to suffer because of this. For Ye Jin, it better for her to sacrifice to save the situation.

"No, Ye Jin! I will not agree!" Gong Yoo denied as loudly as he could.

"I see how tormented Appa is because he is disappointed with me. I'm no longer willing to see others tormented heart because disappointed with my actions." The tears that she held back were more and more stagnant in the corners of the eyes, flowing down her cheeks.