Chapter 8

Author's pov:

It's nearly been a week since Anu's and Vikram's marriage.

It's Friday night, finally, Vikram project submission is successfully completed. He has weekend holidays on Saturday and Sunday and from Monday he will be back to his normal routine.

He happily rushed out of his office bidding bye to his colleagues and started his bike to go home.

Obviously, he is missing Anu. When their marriage got fixed, he planned to spend more time with her and make her feel at home.

But this project submission date got preponed and it needs his presence.

Anu really understood the situation well and never complained about his late-night arrivals due to meetings. She supported him well. She used to prepare his favourite dishes, arrange his things, patiently listen to his frustration on his client and light up his mood with her silly antics.

She for sure is a mischievous child in her childhood like her brother described her.

He reached the house in a happy mood and rang the calling bell.

"Coming..." He listened Anu's voice.

She opened the door and gave her beautiful smile seeing him.

She took his office bag and came back with a glass of water and handed him the glass.

"House is filled with a delicious smell. What are you cooking Anu?" He asked as the house is filled with a tempting aroma.

"I'm trying chicken dum biryani. Hope it tastes good." She answered.

"I bet it would taste amazing. The smell is so tempting. " He said.

She smiled seeing his expression.

"Ok. Go fresh up. It will take time for biryani to complete. " She said.

"Yes, Madam. " He said saluting.

Anu laughed seeing his antics and moved to the kitchen to check on her biryani.

She never tried cooking dum biryani at home but she is sure a huge fan of it.

She recently learned Vikram is also a huge fan of non-veg from her mother-in-law.

Her mother-in-law for sure is a tough lady. She seems she never smiles heartfully. She instructed some things about Vikram's likes and dislike to Anu two days back on a phone call. Apart from her Vikram's father and grandmother seems welcoming to Anu.

Anu carefully offed the flame after keeping it for 10 minutes in high flame followed by 15 minutes in low.

"Boo..."

Vikram suddenly shouted from back startling her.

"You scared me. " Anu said placing a hand on her heart.

Vikram gave a cute smile.

"What are you doing? " He asked.

"I just offed the stove. We would let it rest for at least 20 minutes without opening the lid." Anu explained.

"Oh ok. Come let's wait in the living room. " He said taking her with him to the living room.

They got settled on the sofa.

Vikram turned on the T.V keeping a faction film.

They waited for 20 minutes watching the movie and finally opened the lid of the biryani pot.

"Wow. " Vikram exclaimed tasting a little when Anu is mixed it from top to bottom.

Anu smiled seeing his excitement.