Riley headed into the van as Pope headed out to play catch with JJ. They stayed like that for a while before Riley heard the familiar sound of sirens in the distance. She quickly lifted her head and looked out the window of the van to see a cop car heading towards them.

"Well shit" she whispered to herself.

JJ and pope came hurtling into the van, and before she knew it, the three of them were driving away.

"Are you guys crazy?! What about JB and kie? What about never leave a pogue behind?" Riley yelled at the two boys, in disbelief at how quickly they had peeled.

"The plan was to meet up at JJs house ry, those two will be fine, they'll probably end up Macking anyways" pope scoffed.

"What JB and kie?" Riley questioned the boy, puzzled.

"What, you jealous?" JJ scoffed at the girl, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up JJ" Riley rolled her eyes back at the boy as they travelled back into the cut.

* * *

The next day, Riley was at the wreck with kie, helping her paint the walls in the restaurant when pope came in to get them.

"Hey guys, JBs got a new plan, you girls coming?" Pope looked between the two.
Riley looked at kie, still secretly pissed at JJ although she couldn't exactly tell anyone that she was pissed, not even JJ, well, especially not JJ. the last thing she wanted was to be stuck in a van with him. Luckily, kie was thinking along the same lines.

"No pope. Not today. Sorry" kie said to the boy before turning back to carry on painting the wall as if what she had said hadn't been completely random. Riley looked at her, confused, but shrugged, why question it when she didn't want to anyway.

"But-" pope started, his expression also confused.

"I said no pope!" Kie snapped. "Just go without us, we'll catch up another time" kie carried on painting the wall, as pope left the wreck.

"What the hell was that about?" Riley questioned the girl, as she retied the messy hair that was slowly falling out of her bun, and tried wiping off the flecks of paint that were over her face, but with no luck.

"Don't even get me started" kie sighed as she continued painting the wall.

"Try me" Riley smirked.

Just as kie opened her mouth about to explain John B walked in.

"Um... hey! What er what are you guys doing?" John B asked as he awkwardly shuffled into the restaurant.

"What does it look like?" Kie asked him sarcastically, gesturing to the wall.

"Look working can wait!" John B told the girl impatiently.

Riley scoffed at his words as she carried on painting.

"What?" He asked the girl.

"Nothing JB. It's just not all of us have time to chase treasure round on a wild goose chase. Some of us have to work to survive" she told the boy rather annoyed at his naivety.

"We're about to make history!" John B said looking between the two girls like an excited puppy.

"Are you concocting again?" Kie asked the boy in a bored tone.

"Yes yes I'm concocting. I'm concocting more than I've ever concocted in my life!" John B followed an annoyed kie through the wreck as Riley looked on at them.

"Look," John B continued "I know you're just being good friends and I know you're not trying to enable me in my delusion and I know you're dad doesn't want you to see me kie, but listen please!" He looked between the two girls as Riley walked over to them both, trying to act bored but secretly interested in what he had to say, and more importantly, she wanted to know what had happened between him and Kie.