⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝖻𝗅𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗌𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗉

Start from the beginning

𝔦. PERSONALITY

becky is a quite and reserved person, she keeps to herself even when others don't and decide to invade her personal space making various gestures at her in the halls or treating her like a stray puppy just for the laughs. she very obviously does not care what anyone around her thinks of her, being straight up she does not have any expectations to live up to, at least not anymore. she always comes off as rude, cold, cruel, easily a bitch to everyone around her and she prefers to keep it that way, that way her guard is up and she is safe from people's expectations, as long as nobody really knows who she is, she is safe from disappointing.

on a closer look, behind the hard shell of the riot girl with the rockstar looks, she is a talented girl with a quick mouth, smart-spoken and creative, easily coming up with solutions and coming up to conclusions and useful observations, ones that are usually met up with shocked faces as if they thought her whole thought process revolves around being the misfit who doesn't give two shits and hates the patriarchy. she can see people's true core from a mile away, though she never says anything unless absolutely needed or if she is being evoked, especially by someone who really is a good person behind the asshole attitude they put up — she hates fake people who keeps up with this just for the validation of other people, though she knows and she hates admitting it, that she too wants this kind of validation and acceptance, that sometimes she wants a friend and doesn't want to believe that she is completely intolerable and unlovable.

 she can see people's true core from a mile away, though she never says anything unless absolutely needed or if she is being evoked, especially by someone who really is a good person behind the asshole attitude they put up — she hates fake people ...

𝔦𝔦. RELATIONSHIPS

𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀,
⋆ christopher 'chris' jagger; father.
⋆ maya jagger; mother.
⋆ mollie jagger; sister.  (☠︎︎)
𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀,  eddie munson.
𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀,  steve harrington.
𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀,   nancy wheeler.
𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀, billy hargrove.

𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘀,       jonathan byers. — kissed once, but things didn't work out between the two and it was purely motivated by the fact that they were both grieving for a missing sibling.

robin buckley. — had a summer fling when they were younger that helped them figure out their sexuality but that they'd both agreed later on that it had died down.

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁, steve harrington / your oc.
𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁,     becky had always had a lay-low crush on steve. quite honestly she didn't know why considering he's the popular guy in school and she both didn't stand a chance with him and he wasn't exactly her type.  of course being lay-low meant nobody knew of it, not even steve himself, being both completely oblivious and in love with nancy wheeler. now that steve too is a complete basket case he always tries to find a way to dishevel her at her job or robin making implications of him having a crush on her. and while she does still like him she feels that he is only trying to get her to notice him and chat her up because she's the only girl he can get. merely a second choice once again.

 merely a second choice once again

𝔦𝔦𝔦. BACKGROUND

becky's sister has been missing since 1983, and while she wasn't yet announced dead at the time but some sort of sense told becky she was and it was true, as mollie's body has been found a year later and it came off as a shock to almost everybody but her. after that random people becky barely knew started coming up to her, telling her they were sorry for her loss and that her sister was so nice and sweet, though the truth was she was a lot of things, nice was not one of them.

she has always been the odd one of the two jagger siblings, overshadowed by her sister's natural american beauty, her popularity and charisma. it only took a very few years for her parents to decide which sibling they liked better and which they were going to provide with love and affection and it came to no surprise to becky as she was treated the same in school, though she felt foolish for ever thinking she might have stood a chance.

her life was the typical life of a basket case up until the time her sister was pronounced dead by sheriff hopper, unlike william byers she could not be saved. now she was upset by the death of her sister, though not in the way you would expect her to be. she wished her sister wasn't so cruel to her, she wished the younger girl hadn't treated her the same way everyone did just for the sake of fitting in with them. she wished she redeemed this rivalry between them, there was rage buried deep in her that she found herself, for the first time ever, having to disguise in front of other people, to hide it deeper and deeper and pretend it is only grief that time might heal.

still with her sister gone it was easier still for her to ignore her, if she had been ever really there to them in the first place, it was her sister who was six feet under ground and she was the girl who lived. yet it was the other way around for the jaggers somehow.

 yet it was the other way around for the jaggers somehow

𝔦𝔳. OTHER

𝗼𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, student at patrick henry high school.
𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲, hawkins, indiana.

⋆ becky has a severe anxiety disorder that she had developed from an early age but had never got proper treatment for up to this day she still finds ways to 'cope' at least as best as she could without actual help.
⋆ she plays the bass and sometimes writes anarchist and feminist articles in the school's newspaper, something that no one really reads but that she puts a lot of effort into.
⋆ works nearly full time in the local record shop in summer and in weekends during school time.

❝ everyone pulls away
from you . . . ❞