(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) hartland's cafe

Start from the beginning

She handed him the sheet of paper and his eyes graced over it quickly,

"Are you allowed to threaten teachers?" Harry asked as his eyes widened,

"You're not" Athena replied sternly, "and I'm only allowed when it comes to Snape"

Harry laughed as he jumped up from his seat and made his way to the door,

"Thanks Rena, I'll see you later"

"See you later Harry" Athena waved as the boy left the room.

☽☽☽

Athena apperated back to Hogsmede when she'd finished on the phone to Ben. The conversation had been short lived as Ben had an incoming call from some book agency looking to hire him. Of course Athena hadn't protested to this, her work always seemed to come first so there was no reason why his couldn't.

However she'd returned to the street feeling no sign of the usual comfort that he brought her. In fact, Athena felt mostly empty and cold as she scuffed her patent leather boots against the cobbled ground.

She always looked forwards to these phone calls on Friday however recently they hadn't been living up to her expectations. It's as though Ben seemed more distant than usual, it had always felt different speaking over the phone however this was an entirely new experience.

As Athena made her way up the street, she found herself staring down a backstreet that she'd come to know well. She'd entered the backstreet on many occasions, more than she could count.

Standing in the terrible January weather for a moment longer, Athena decided that she should go for a small visit. Walking around the corner, her favourite cafe came into view.

Athena had worked at The Hartland's cafe for around two years. During the war, it had been one of the things to bring her distraction in the dark times when everyone seemed to be concentrating on death and fighting.

She'd grown close with the owners who were a tight knit family of four. Athena had originally met them through Remus, he'd considered them family however they hadn't seen him since he apparently dropped off the face of the Earth.

They didn't mind Athena visiting them, they treated her as family now. Remus may have lost contact but Athena hadn't. This idea was amplified through the fact that she now simply worked up the road.

She tried to visit as much as possible however as she walked through the front door, it hit her that she hadn't been there since summer. As she entered the cafe and heard the tinkle of the bell above her, she was greeted with an excited squeal and a flash of blonde hair and strawberry perfume.

Hazel Hartland jumped up and threw her arms around Athena's neck happily.

"It's been ages Rena!" Hazel gasped, "where on earth have you been?"

"I've been busy" Athena rolled her eyes, "I do have a job you know"

Athena had met Hazel when she'd only been around five. She'd watched her grow up and almost felt some responsibility over her. She'd taught her at Hogwarts yet Athena had always felt some favouritism over her (just like Harry and Neville).

Hazel's youngest sister Rosie was currently sitting her sixth year at school and the case was the same with her. Athena almost felt like their aunt or godmother (she liked to say older sister however she knew she was pushing the age limit for that).

Hazel had grown up to be absolutely beautiful, blonde hair, bushy eyebrows and olive green eyes. She had a dazzling smile and an overexcited personality. The main thing about Hazel was that she was a hopeless romantic, always falling for someone new each week. The thing was, she had such high expectations placed on her through literature that she was yet to find someone who suited her.