Chapter 26 : Lonesome

Start from the beginning

She couldn't even feel anger or sadness, all she felt was agony. It felt like someone was ripping her mental state apart. Despite having many lows in her life, this was something completely new, and it was killing her.

She was terrified whenever she looked up. Terrified because she always felt the urge to just throw herself right off that cliff.

That's when she completely broke down, burying her face into her knees that she had brought up to her body and weeping desperately. Her cries were loud, wanting to be heard, wanting someone to save her.

Ray just wanted parents that would love, support and care for her. Was that so much to ask for?

So she wept. Wept and wept until there were no more tears to shed. Until she felt her vocal chords giving out and her cries becoming silent. Until she couldn't even feel the cold surrounding her, because the ice in her own heart made her world so much colder.

And the only thing she could do was wrap her arms around herself tighter, hoping for everything to be over.

🡆

Her head rested against the cold window as she watched them drive through the black forest. Marcus' coat was still over her shoulder, as even max heating in the modern car wouldn't make her stop shivering.

Ray looked terrifying blank. As if what happened never happened, and as if she wasn't even sad, hurt or mad. She had easily returned to her cold persona that she used as a wall of defense to block out everything around her.

The girl didn't feel herself reaching into her pocket and taking out her phone, and only felt it as the screen became white, signifying that it was turning on for the first time in days.

As soon as Ray unlocked it, the device became flooded with notifications. They came from everywhere: twitch, youtube, instagram, twitter and discord. She definitely wasn't in the right state to answer all of those.

But what surprised her was the message that popped up right as she was about to turn off her phone. He must have sent it right at that very moment, as it topped her DMs.

With her eyes only half open, Ray went to Instagram and clicked on the message.

TommyInnit

hey I know that this isnt my business or whatever
but where the hell are you
everyone is worried about you
and wilbur told me not to message you but tubbo just wont shut the fuck up about where you could be
so could you just message him and tell him youre alright?

Ray couldn't help but crack a smile at the message. Even though she knew that definitely wasn't the case, she felt appreciated for once. At least someone seemed to care about her. And he cared about her enough to leave a message, even if it was on behalf of his friend.

Her fingers were slow and sloppy as she typed.

im ok
pls tell everynoe on my behalf

youre alive
why can't you go message them yourself

im tired

im tired too
but here i am messaging you
hello?

nvm

And somewhere further away, TommyInnit could only stare at his screen in confusion as he re-read her weird messages. He continued sending messages, but they were no longer being read, and upon refreshing he realized that she had become offline again.

With a labored sigh, fell back onto his bed, still staring at the screen of his phone. After some moments of hesitation, he switched over to a different chat.

Tubbo

Ray is alive
she just messaged to tell u that

What?
She messaged you?

i guess

What the hell
That's weird
Did she say anything else?
Like why she was gone?

if you care so much go ask her yourself
im not your mailman

Stop pretending
You may not like her but I can tell you were worried

whatever

At least she's fine now, right?

idk
all i said is that she messaged me

Jesus Christ
Admit it, you were worried!

im going to sleep
gn

Then Tommy turned his phone off, letting it fall beside him on his bed.

And unaware of it, he felt slightly more at ease as he drifted off to sleep with a little less on his mind.

last chapter for today yall i gotta go sleep like tommy