"We need to go for some work. I hope you don't mind. You both please carry on." He passed a smile to us and followed them out.

"Anyways, let them be. What are you doing this evening?" Emma inquired to me.

As far as she knows, there's only two things I do, "Part time job and sleep. What are your plans?"

"Just going out to visit my aunt with mom." She shrugged bored.

"Eat lots of snacks if offered." I hushed to her as if it is a top secret.

She laughed at me and showed a thumbs up.

~

I was doodling on my book. There are no new events in this school except the project. The pencil slid off the book as the door made loud contact with the wall. My head raised to see the bad boys. I shook my eyes before rubbing off the harsh line that just happened. Ryan seemed to walk directly sat beside me while Lucas and Alex stood around us.

"Hello beautiful, what's up?" Alex greeted me.

"Good morning Lexy." I didn't bother to look up at him.

"What? Lexy?" His frown could be sensed.

"Your nickname sweetie." I looked up at him.

"That is so weird! It's a woman's name!" He whined at me.

"Just go back to your seat Alex. Don't bore me." I sighed before filling the eyes of Unicorn.

"We can't. Ryan is grumpy today." Lucas whispered.

I glanced towards Ryan. He could literally slice the board in two by his this sharp gaze. I am pretty surprised. I have seen him pass off cold looks but this would burn down a person.

"What happened to him?" I asked them.

"Can't tell but he is just grumpy. Can't mess with him." Alex explained.

Right now, it is past 10:15. He is really grumpy but he doesn't have the right to make anyone wait like this. He could say no straight away. I started putting back my books and pouch in the bag when the chair beside me pulled back. I quickly glanced up at the person.

"Look who managed to show himself up." Sarcasm dripped from my mouth.

"Just do what you have to. I have things to look after." He slumped down on the chair.

I seriously had to pull out the books again. His hands rested on the table, trying to show his interest. I started writing the points down. A faint smile appeared on my lips. He is not that bad.

"Firstly, in few days we will get our respective pets. We need some necessaries for it, like food, bowl for food, chair, shitting box, bathing stuff and rest we can find in the store. Day after tomorrow, we could go for shopping of these stuff." I ticked off the list.

He just nodded while scratching his face. His newly appearing beard was suiting his face. His eyes were bouncing between the lists while my eyes admired his. I could stare at him for hours. The way he was biting on his bottom lip due to boredom made me want to pull them between my teeth.

"That's all you wanted to tell?" He questioned me making me stare down at the book.

"No. No obviously not. There is more. Uhh... There are pet shops. Around us but we have to to the city mall." I continued to speak.

"I know you don't want to do this, even I don't want to but I am enduring you because of my good grade. The puppy will be passed on alternate weeks and please, please make sure you note down the changes or new habits." I pleaded to him.

It was the easiest way to explain him.

"Great plan. But what are my benefits?" He rested his head on his palm.

"What do you mean Ryan?" My eyes narrowed on its own.

"You are going to make me work pretty much every other week so what do I get in return Miss. Smart pants?" He repeated with more clarity.

I sighed in annoyance. Of course, how could he worked for free or no returns. I gave him a 'are you serious' look. He shrugged before leaning back on his chair.

"You would get good grades in something at least right? You barely pass as far as I heard so what's the matter Mr. Bad Boy?" I gritted through my teeth.

"Let me suggest something Miss. Smart pants. Go on a date with me." He lowered his voice at the end.

"What the fuck Ryan?!"

His smirk grew bigger while the attention of the library was focused on us now.

___________________________________________

A date I see...
Well it's just the beginning and there is already an offer?