Prologue / Chapter 1

Okay, only an awful schmuck would ramble about gifts, but the question of what to get my mother for her upcoming birthday had weighed heavily on my mind

Okay, only an awful schmuck would ramble about gifts, but the question of what to get my mother for her upcoming birthday had weighed heavily on my mind. We attended the service every Sunday and I policed her outfits. Until now, she had never worn the designer purse I gave her as a Christmas gift. Both the platinum necklace she received from me last month, and the watch I gave her on New Year's Eve, never saw the light of day. It was impossible that she didn't like them because they were expensive.

Perhaps a scented candle would suffice? I was at a loss for ideas. It would've been easier if she had a variety of interests, but I couldn't think of any. Right, being at church was a hobby of hers, but it was so trivial and nothing was thoughtful about it. If it was one of her interests, a Bible would've been a fitting gift.

I'd probably just get her a big box with nothing inside except for a handwritten note that said, "Since you don't wear the gifts I brought for you, I'll just not give you anything at this point."

This day proved how severe the global warming crisis was and how dreadful summer had become as a result. I came to the point where the hot and sticky feeling crawled up my spine like an insect and yanked me out of bed at nearly four a.m. A suffocating heatwave was carried along by the air, and even a wide-open balcony door couldn't ease it.

This bullshit of a weather ruined my sleep, and now I was stuck in a state where I had to overthink about what gift I should give my mother.

I wasn't in the mood to feel awful, so I placated myself with the hook-up app that was kept like a dark secret on my phone.

I browsed through the brochure of flesh that I could bed and taste. Scrolling through was like a covert mission—and I was on the hunt. The familiar faces of men filled the screen as I separated the wheat from the chaff. Some men whom I sampled once, some twice, and others I digressed having a sample of.

Honestly, there was nothing unique about the physique, gorgeous features, and huge bulges once you've already met nearly all of them. The excitement I used to have every time I would open the app had already decayed. They said that at times, we must challenge the sense of our actions by setting rationality in motion, but my logical thinking flies out of the window whenever I was horny. I needed a cheap stimulation that provided a temporary "high" with little to no effort.