When I looked up the sun was setting and the sky was painted in orange. It was getting late and the silence of our surroundings made us aware of how unsettling it was. We both got up and went back to our classroom to grab our backpacks to leave when we saw light emitting in the corridors. It was a security guard patrolling the area for suspicious kids and there we were in our classroom hiding behind desks to not get caught. Toge accidentally stepped on my foot and I let out a monotone of a groan. I quickly slapped my hand across my mouth and ducked when I saw the guard's light flashing in the classroom.

Toge and I were on the brink of laughing because of stupidity but didn't dare make a sound because getting caught by the guard meant detention. The detention in this school wasn't normal at all, if you got caught you'd have to practically spend an entire day doing whatever the teachers wanted you to do and Mr. Satoru was very playful when it came to that area. He'd probably make us do crazy dumb things for him. He'd even make you kill a demon if he wanted.

When the guard walked by we quickly made our way out of the classroom and silently ran down the steps to reach the first floor. There was another guard by the exit and getting pass him was going to be hard. I was behind Toge as he carefully walked by the exit doors that were open but all of a sudden I heard the sound of someone else's footsteps and quickly pulled him into the shadow behind the door. His body crushed mine and I had no space to move.

"Move over you're crushing me" I quietly whispered to him in agony.

"You were the one who pulled me", he whispered back at me.

"Well I saved you from—" I went silent when I heard the two guards coming closer to where we were.

"Who's there?" One of them called out and Toge and I both held our breaths as they walked right by us. I sighed in relief when they had completely disappeared in the darkness behind us.

We quickly made our way outside of the school and ran far away as possible just enough to be out of sight. We just kept on walking and laughing as we remembered how dumb we looked while hiding. We finally made it to the intersection which lead to my house and I was about to bid Toge goodbye but he kept walking in the same direction.

"Hey!What are you doing?" I questioned as I ran up to reach him. "Aren't you going home? I'm pretty sure you don't live close to me." I said as I walked backwards while facing him.

"I'd rather you not get eaten alive" he said with a chuckle. I looked at him and a tiny smile formed on my face.

"What's the smile for?" He asked with raised brows. "I just don't want the police to suspect that I killed you if you ever wound up dead." He said with a grin.

"I won't die that easily. At least I'll put up a fight." I said as we continued to walk down the empty street.

"What's up with you and Yuji?" I asked in curiosity. He always had a serious look on his face whenever he saw Yuji like he was suspicious of him.

He didn't respond and just continued to walk. His hands were in his pocket and half of his face was covered by a high zipped up collar. His off white hair got messed up as a strong gush of wind blew. What I was most curious about was his powers which dealt with speech. He had what I assumed a seal on both sides of his cheek and one on his tongue. He had already unlocked his powers and could control it amazingly well so why hide it?

"Hey...why do you hide—" I tried to ask him a question but then I stopped when I saw my mom at the front of the yard with her arms crossed. I glanced over at Toge with slight humiliation but he was stupidly grinning like he was teasing me.

I bowed my head and walked closer to my mom waiting for her to scold me but she just started to go on about how she thought I got kidnapped or got eaten by demons.

"What's up with you guys and me getting eaten by demons?" I forcefully chuckled as i rhetorically asked. I'm not that weak am I?

I turned to Toge who was now looking at us with calmly.

"I have to go now. Goodnight." He said and turned away but my mom grabbed him by the hand and carried us both into the house.

"You're staying for dinner and you....better get yourself changed. You smell like the boys locker room after practice." I laughed at her remark out of humiliation because Toge was right there, then headed upstairs. I quickly hurried up and took a bath while my mom was making food. I changed into a hoodie and shorts and went back downstairs. Toge was sitting on the couch awkwardly and as I walked by I stopped and mouthed "sorry" in embarrassment then went to the kitchen to help my mom.

"Mom, what are you doing? Why did you make him stay?! He has a family too you know. What if they think he's kidnapped! You didn't even give him a choice." I tried to speak as quietly as possible while looking at my mom then looking over at Toge in the living room.

"Chill. I know his family so it's gonna be alright. Plus they probably wouldn't even care." She muttered the last sentence under her breath but I still heard it but didn't question it.

I walked over to Toge and gestured for him to sit at the dining table and sat across from him while my mom sat at the very front. The food was already laid out on the table. It was normal noodles with kimchi. We all started to eat but then my mom somehow decided to ask Toge the weirdest question she could possibly think of.

"So Toge ....do you like Y/n?"